Looking to learn more about opportunities at Gartner? Christine Sasser, Senior Account Executive, Melissa Klaw, Senior Sales Manager, Brynne Condrin, Account Executive, Brenna Rescigno, Account Executive recently shared their experience on our Sales team in Dallas, Texas. Read on to learn more about the team and discover their tips for joining Gartner.
When asked about the secret to their team’s success, all 4 associates shared the same response - it was their collaboration. Christine elaborated on what collaboration means for their team, “That term can be overused, but our team truly embodies the definition of collaboration. It’s not enough to just answer a teammate's question. Instead, we dig in to understand the challenge, strategize the answer, and align it to how the outcome will always drive success. Everyone on the team brings a different skill set and unique perspective, which really helps when we are trying to solve a problem. In addition, it provides opportunities to always learn from each other and introduce something new to the work we are doing, which helps us drive a high level of success.”
This collaboration among the team helps lay a foundation of trust on which we’ve built some really strong friendships. Open and honest communication is always much easier when you know you have each other's best interest in mind. Melissa shared, “Because of the relationship and bond we have with each other, we are extremely collaborative, constantly leaning on each other for advice and feedback. However, we aren’t afraid to give each other tough love when needed. My team raises the bar for one another every single day, leaving no man behind. I am very fortunate to be surrounded by not just incredible sales people, but incredible friends.” It has been impressive to see how the team has continued to build strong bonds with each other even as Gartner shifted to a virtual-first organization over the last couple of years. By being intentional about their connections, the Dallas sales team has fostered a strong team culture while working from home for the majority of the time. Brenna shared the 4 C’s to help summarize the culture on the team: “Camaraderie, collaboration, coaching, and competitiveness.” Further, Brynne shared that in addition to working together, the team also has a lot of fun together, “Our team culture is fantastic. We all laugh all the time, but we also are constantly collaborating and sharing best practices with each other.” This helps the team be successful while also enjoying working together.
Are you interested in joining this successful team? If so Christine, Brynne, Melissa, and Brenna shared some advice to help you be successful:
- Love what you do: Find your why and make sure each day embraces it. Ask yourself each day: “Did what I do today embrace any part of my “why” and if so, how did it help me feel fulfilled?”
- Trust the process: Anytime you start a new role, it can take time to get your head wrapped around the organization and your new responsibilities. Stay patient and stay consistent, results will follow. Start building connections with your clients early by driving value for them. This will help you accelerate the speed at which you become a true partner to them. Once the partnership is there, success comes much easier.
- Be proactive and ask for feedback: Develop an appetite for proactively leaning into learning opportunities because learning leads to growth. And one of the best ways to gain new insight, develop your skill set, and consistently be a top performer is to ask your manager and peers directly for feedback.
- Keep your eye on the target: Write down your goals from day one. When you put pen to paper and write out your goals, they will keep you motivated, hold you accountable, and will allow you manifest them into existence. It’s a very small action that will have a huge impact on your mindset — when your goals are staring back at you every day, you’ll put more pressure on yourself to achieve them.
- Be open-minded: Gartner is engineered differently. The cornerstones of Gartner are built around its intensive training academy, consultative sales methodology, collaborative culture, and unquenchable thirst to be the world’s leading insights organization. The most effective way to adapt and accelerate your time to impact is to simply bring an open mind. Be open to new ideas and ways of working with peers. Be ready to embrace the challenge of reframing your views and approach. Be humble in the journey and you will seamlessly fit right in.