When you join Gartner’s Sales team, you unlock endless possibilities for your career. Whether you are looking to build relationships with clients or solve business challenges at an industry level, our Sales team will keep you at the top of your game.
Below, Jordyn McGrory, Area Vice President shares a few traits you will need for success, as well as a few perks our Sales associates experience as part of the Gartner team.
Skills needed for sales success at Gartner
- Tenacity and grit: Set yourself goals and strive to achieve them, and then some. Our top sales performers drive themselves forward and not only motivate themselves, but others around them.
- Perseverance and ability to take feedback: You will get 10 no’s before one yes — always continue striving for success.
- Ability to pivot with the changes: Because the needs of our clients and their industries are always changing, you must be able to adapt to their needs quickly.
- Executive presence: At Gartner, you get exposure to C-level executives and are expected to answer their questions and solve their problems. Carrying yourself with confidence is the key to getting the job done and continuously improving.
- Confidence: Have confidence in yourself and in the power of Gartner’s research.
Sales team perks
- Making an impact with your work: Your work will directly help Gartner to continuously grow quarter over quarter.
- Ongoing professional development: Coaching and career advice is available to help you be the best sales professional you can be. Your team members and managers are there to help you succeed.
- Unlimited earning potential: When you succeed, Gartner succeeds. Gartner Sales associates see results from their actions and are rewarded for their accomplishments.
- Winners Circle: This rewards program for top sales earners will bring you around the world to celebrate your successes. Jordyn's had the chance to travel to Italy, San Diego, New Orleans and more. So, where will your career at Gartner take you? Apply for a role on our sales team and find out!