South Africa Privacy Statement
Recruitment Data Protection Notice
This Recruitment Data Protection Notice (the “Notice”) will inform you what personal information we collect, why we collect it and what we do with it in accordance with South African law.
When submitting your employment application, your information will be supplied to Gartner South Africa (Pty) Limited (“the responsible party”). Contact information for the responsible party can be found at the Gartner Office Locations section of our website. This Notice sets out what information the responsible party and other Gartner Inc. affiliate companies (“us”, “we”, “our”, “Gartner Group”) collect and process about you.
- Information that we collect about you
By submitting your resume, CV or an employment application, we will receive information about you including your name, contact number, address, education and qualifications, employment history, references, legal work status, and other related details you provide or are provided about you. During the recruitment process we will continue to collect information about you, including information discussed during interviews, general correspondence with you, and notes concerning your status in the recruitment process. We may also obtain information about you from references you have provided, via recruitment agencies (if applicable) and via LinkedIn or other publicly available sources. We may conduct background vetting checks including criminal records and work status checks.
- How we use this information
We use the information we collect from you for various purposes including (but not limited to):
- Evaluating your suitability for a role at Gartner, and progressing your application;
- Contacting you about other suitable roles within the Gartner Group in the future;
- Creating your employee personnel file, if hired;
- Maintaining our internal records of employment applications;
- Protecting the rights and interests of Gartner and others.
- Legal basis on which we use your information
We process your personal information as set out in this Notice:
- for our legitimate interests such as: to identify and recruit the best candidates; the management of our business; to improve our recruitment processes, and when liaising with our business partners and group companies;
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to enter into a contract of employment with you if you are successful in your application; and
- where you have otherwise provided consent.
We may require you to submit information relating to your race, gender and whether or not you have a disability to ensure our compliance with our legal obligations under South African law.
- Information that we share
We may share your personal information with companies, organizations and individuals inside the Gartner Group for administrative and personnel management purposes.
We may also share some of your data with our insurers, professional advisers, service providers that require access to the data for our business purposes, and any, referees.
- Transfers of your data outside South Africa
Your personal information may be transferred and stored outside of South Africa. The Company will ensure that the level of protection afforded to the information outside of South Africa is akin to that required by South African law.
- How long we keep your data for
We keep your personal information for as long as is necessary in connection with the purposes identified above and in accordance with South African law.
- Your rights
You have a number of rights when it comes to our handling of your information.
These include the following rights:
- Right to access personal information;
- Right to object to processing of personal information;
- Right to correct inaccurate personal information; and
- Right to request that personal information is erased.
Where we contact you about future opportunities that may match your profile, you have the right to object to this at any stage, and opt out of future updates.
Please get in touch with our Data Protection Officer at the following email address if you would like to exercise any of these rights: email@example.com.