EMEA Privacy Statement
Recruitment Data Protection Notice
This Recruitment Data Protection Notice (the “Notice”) will inform you what personal information we collect, why we collect it and what we do with it. To the extent applicable local laws create additional responsibilities or obligations from those set out in this Notice, we will comply those additional legal obligations.
When submitting your employment application, your information will be supplied to the Gartner company in the country in which the job is located (“the data controller”). Contact information for the appropriate data controller can be found at the Gartner Office Locations section of our website. For more information on the data controller, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. This Notice sets out what information the data controller and other Gartner Inc affiliate companies (“us”, “we”, “our”, “Gartner Group”) collect and process about you.
- Contact details
If you have any questions or complaints in relation to the use of your personal information, or this Notice, you can contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
- Information that we collect about you
We collect the information below about you during the recruitment process. If you fail to provide certain information when requested, we will not be able to process your application.
- Information you provide in your curriculum vitae, application form, covering letter and otherwise during the interview process, including: your name, date of birth, age, gender, home address, personal email address, education, qualification and work experience details, and references.
- Information we collect or create during the recruitment process including: interview notes, test scores and correspondence between us.
- Information about criminal convictions if requested: we reserve the right to carry out background checks as part of the recruitment process if required, and provided it is permitted by the applicable laws.
- Special categories of personal data: where you elect to provide this information to Gartner, this may include racial and ethnic origin information, information relating to disabilities, physical or mental health information, and immigration/naturalisation records. We do not require you to submit any special categories of personal data as part of your employment application. If we offer you employment, we may ask you to provide your explicit consent to collect certain special categories of information from you for equal opportunity and diversity monitoring purposes.
We may also obtain information about you from references you have given, from recruitment agencies (if applicable) and via LinkedIn or other publicly available sources.
- How we use this information
We use the information we collect from you for various purposes, including (but not limited to):
- Evaluating your suitability for a role at Gartner;
- To consider the need for any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process and to ascertain your fitness to work;
- If you are initially unsuccessful in attaining selection for the job you applied for, we may retain the information on file with your consent to contact you about other potentially suitable roles within the Gartner Group in the future;
- Creating your employee personnel file, if hired;
- Maintaining our internal records of employment applications;
- Protecting the rights and interests of Gartner and others.
- Legal bases on which we use your information
We process your personal data as set out in this Notice:
- for our legitimate interests such as: to identify and recruit the best candidates; the management of our business; to improve our recruitment processes, and when liaising with our business partners and group companies;
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to enter into a contract of employment with you if you are successful in your application; and
- where you have provided explicit consent.
- Information that we share
We may share your personal information with companies, organizations and individuals inside the Gartner Group for administrative and management purposes. We may also share some of your data with our insurers, professional advisers, service providers that require access to the data for our business purposes, and any references. If you have questions or need more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Transfers of your data outside the EEA
Your personal information may be transferred and stored outside of your country of residence. If you are based in the European Economic Area (EEA), we have taken steps to make sure your personal information is protected in line with applicable law, including use of Model Clauses approved by the European Commission. You can request further information relating to the transfers of your personal data by contacting email@example.com.
- How long we keep your data for
We keep your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purposes identified above. If you are hired, this will be the duration of your employment plus a period to fulfil any post-employment obligations. If you are not hired, we will retain information to deal with claims in accordance with applicable laws. If you would like to be considered for future vacancies that are relevant to your interests or would like to be informed of future careers and networking events from Gartner, and you provide us your consent, we will also keep your personal information so we may contact you about such vacancies. You may withdraw such consent at any time by contacting HRIS.HR@gartner.com.
- Your rights
You have a number of rights when it comes to our handling of your data. These include the following rights (in addition to any other statutory rights you may have under applicable local law):
- Right to access personal data;
- Right to restrict processing of personal data;
- Right to object to processing of personal data;
- Right to correct inaccurate personal data;
- Right to request that personal data is erased; and
- Right to data portability.
Where we contact you about future opportunities that may match your profile, you have the right to object to this at any stage, and opt out of future updates. You also have the right to object to processing of your personal data where the legal basis of the processing is our legitimate interests.
If you have a complaint about our handling of your personal information, you may complain to your data protection supervisory authority local to where you live, work or where a breach of the data protection legislation has taken place.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.