Brazil Privacy Statement
Recruitment Data Protection Notice
This Recruitment Data Protection Notice (the “Notice”) will inform you what personal information we collect, why we collect it and what we do with it. To the extent applicable local laws create additional responsibilities or obligations from those set out in this Notice, we will comply with those additional legal obligations.
When submitting your employment application, your information will be supplied to the Gartner company in the country in which the job is located (“the data controller”). Contact information for the appropriate data controller can be found at the Gartner Office Locations section of our website. For more information on the data controller, please contact AskHR@Gartner.com. This Notice sets out what information the data controller and other Gartner Inc affiliate companies (“us”, “we”, “our”, “Gartner Group”) collect and process about you.
- Contact details
If you have any questions or complaints in relation to the use of your personal information, or this Notice, you can contact our Data Protection Officer at AskHR@Gartner.com.
- Information that we collect about you
We collect the information below about you during the recruitment process. If you fail to provide certain information when requested, we will not be able to process your application.
- Information you provide in your curriculum vitae, application form, covering letter and otherwise during the interview process, including: your name, date of birth, age, gender, home address, personal email address, education, qualification and work experience details, and references.
- Information we collect or create during the recruitment process including: interview notes, test scores and correspondence between us.
- Special categories of personal data: where you elect to provide this information to Gartner, this may include racial and ethnic origin information, information relating to disabilities, physical or mental health information, and immigration/naturalisation records. We do not require you to submit any special categories of personal data as part of your employment application. If we offer you employment, we may ask you to provide your explicit consent to collect certain special categories of information from you for equal opportunity and diversity monitoring purposes and official records to adjust with legal quotas (such as, for example, people with disabilities - PCD).
We may also obtain information about you from references you have given, from recruitment agencies (if applicable) and via LinkedIn or other publicly available sources.
- How we use this information
We use the information we collect from you for various purposes, including (but not limited to):
- Evaluating your suitability for a role at Gartner;
- To consider the need for any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process and to ascertain your fitness to work;
- If you are initially unsuccessful in attaining selection for the job you applied for, we may retain the information on file with your consent to contact you about other potentially suitable roles within Gartner in the future;
- Creating your employee personnel file, if hired;
- Maintaining our internal records of employment applications;
- Protecting the regular rights and legitimate interests of Gartner and others.
- Legal bases on which we use your information
We process your personal data as set out in this Notice:
- for our legitimate interests such as: to identify and recruit the best candidates; the management of our business; to improve our recruitment processes, and when liaising with our business partners and group companies;
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to enter into an offer or contract of employment with you if you are successful in your application; and
- where you have provided explicit consent.
- Information that we share
We may share your personal information with companies, organizations and individuals within Gartner for administrative and management purposes. We may also share some of your data with our insurers, professional advisers, service providers that require access to the data for our business purposes, and any references. If you have questions or need more information, please contact AskHR@Gartner.com.
- Transfers of your data
Your personal information may be transferred and stored outside of your country of residence. We have taken steps to make sure your personal information is protected in line with applicable law. You can request further information relating to the transfers of your personal data by contacting AskHR@Gartner.com.
- How long we keep your data for
We keep your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purposes identified above. If you are hired, this will be the duration of your employment plus a period to fulfil any post-employment obligations. If you are not hired, we will retain information to deal with claims in accordance with applicable laws. If you would like to be considered for future vacancies that are relevant to your interests or would like to be informed of future careers and networking events from Gartner, and you provide us your consent, we will also keep your personal information so we may contact you about such vacancies. You may withdraw such consent at any time by contacting HRIS.HR@gartner.com.
- Your rights
You have a number of rights when it comes to our handling of your data. These include the following rights (in addition to any other statutory rights you may have under applicable local law):
- Right to confirm the existence of treatment of your personal data and to access them;
- Right to correct incomplete, inaccurate or outdated data;
- Right to restrict the processing of personal data, including requiring anonymization, blocking or eliminating unnecessary, excessive or treated data in breach of Brazilian Law;
- Right to data portability, upon express request and observing commercial and industrial secrets;
- Right to complete deletion of your personal data (with respect to the exceptions provided for in section 16, of the LGPD);
- Right to information about public and private entities with which your personal data has been shared;
- Right to deny consent to the processing of personal data described in this Policy, aware that this may imply that it is not feasible to proceed with the selection process and that your application will be discontinued;
- Right to withdraw the consent for the processing of your personal data, at any time and upon express request,
Where we contact you about future opportunities that may match your profile, you have the right to object to this at any stage, and opt out of future updates.
If you have a complaint about our handling of your personal information, you may complain to your data protection supervisory authority local to where you live, work or where a breach of the data protection legislation has taken place.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer at AskHR@Gartner.com.
- Liability of the processing agents
The Gartner Group is committed to the inviolability and proper treatment of your personal data, in accordance with current legislation and in accordance with this Policy. Any legal violations to the processing of personal data, as well as to the terms of this Policy, will give rise to the immediate rectification of the procedure so that the data will be properly processed and, if applicable, the liability of those involved and the indemnity of the holder of the personal data, under the terms of the legislation in force.