About this role
This position operates in a high pace environment and is responsible for the following:
What you’ll do
- Prepare, review, and approve semimonthly payrolls for multiple countries.
- Prepare off-cycle manual payments as needed with required calculations and system entries.
- Process all special payment requests such as commissions, bonuses, severance, and overtime.
- Analyze processes to drive efficiencies and best practices.
- Serve as a liaison between associates and local country payroll contacts.
- Resolve problems and respond to inquiries related to payroll earnings, deductions, and tax withholding.
- Coordinate with HR on employee data changes and benefits as recorded in the HR system.
- Coordinate with the Payroll Service Provider Account Manager.
- Review payroll system audits and address issues.
- Prepare and analyze reports for management as requested.
- Provide support and integration of new payroll acquisitions.
- Partner with the team leads on all project management initiatives.
- Mentor and train new hires.
What you’ll need
- Accounting or Finance degree preferred
- Native-level Japanese and business-level English language skills
- 2+ years prior payroll experience preferably in a corporate environment
- Experience in working on Japanese or Japan payroll
- Ceridian, ADP or Workday knowledge preferred.
- Ability to multi-task proficiently
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally within a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion regarding sensitive personnel data.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse audience at various levels within an organization.
- Effective influencing and listening skills.
- World-class internal/external customer service skills
- Strong initiative and drive
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Proactive problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to drive results.
- Ability to mentor and train others
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:85889
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.