Gartner is a people business. Fueled by expert analysis, bold ideas and intellectual courage, we are a team of thinkers, doers, and lifelong learners. We are innately curious, drive, disciplined and humble.
This is a unique opportunity to make an impact on new product development and management for Gartner’s IT End-User product team which is the largest business unit at Gartner. The VP, Product Management will be a key driver of developing and executing our strategy to serve clients who are leaders in Data and Analytics. This person is a critical member of the IT End User Product leadership team and will be responsible for product planning and execution throughout the Product Lifecycle, including: quantitative and qualitative analysis to identify cross-business innovations, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, implement and launch, track progress and drive impact. Leveraging scalable best practices and identifying and implementing market-driven enhancements, this role will significantly contribute to achieving sustained double-digit revenue growth and strong retention.
As a leader in our organization, it is important that the VP consistently exhibits all aspects of the Gartner culture which is based on 5 core values.
- Integrity: Do the right thing.
- Objectivity: Be independent and unbiased in everything we do.
- No-limits mindset: See opportunities where others don't; never settle for the status quo.
- Collaboration: Work together in teams to accomplish more than what is possible individually.
- Results: Execute consistently using global best practices.
This role will be responsible for the growth of the Data and Analytics user base across all products, with a specific focus on product offerings specifically designed to target Data and Analytics clients. This leader must have a real passion for understanding client needs and a strong motivation to solve their problems. Must enjoy solving complex problems, think outside the box, be able to lead dynamic cross functional teams and balance perspectives of multiple critical stakeholders. Needs to be skilled in strategic thinking as well as effective execution.
This leader will be responsible for:
- Understanding needs of Data & Analytics clients, specifically what drives client value and retention
- Understanding how product offerings within the IT End-user product portfolio compare and strategically co-exist to maximize user and contract value growth across the Data and Analytics Role and portfolio
- Leading brainstorming and collaborative problem solving with stakeholders across Research, Sales, Service, etc. to determine root causes of performance and to develop and execute specific action plans to improve performance
- Understanding performance drivers of Data and Analytics Role licensed users to identify specific actions that can improve performance, together with other members of the product organization
- Balancing client needs with Gartner’s cost/ability to deliver – prioritize enhancements/ deliverables with Gartner’s business economics in mind.
- Creating the product strategy /go-to-market approach, building the business case, getting stakeholder and senior leadership buy-in; as well as program managing the product build and launch for Gartner’s product solutions for Data & Analytics clients
- Developing and presenting regular updates to key stakeholders and senior executives, including our CEO and CFO and members of the Operating Committee.
- Managing the product set to ensure ongoing double digit growth and strong retention – by driving sales adoption, as well as client satisfaction. Identifying what is/ is not working and integrating actions across Business Units to ensure progress is made
- Leading and building a high performing team that work collaboratively and makes an impact
Essential must-have skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- 15+ years of progressive business experience, 7+ years of product strategy / product management experience
- B2B product management or product development leadership role experience preferred
- Strong understanding of and/or experience in working with IT organizations and the Roles within and adjacent to these areas, specifically experience with and an understanding of Data and Analytics leaders
- Track record of solving client problems with technology-based solutions
- Track record of launching successful new products and managing them through periods of continued strong growth and retention
- Ability to effectively manage multiple stakeholders to ensure everyone feels heard and is bought-in
- Experience with market research, market opportunity sizing, market segmentation, pricing, creating value proposition, communication and training etc.
- Commercial acumen and experience in working with sales; building business cases and getting buy-in from senior leadership
- Strong quantitative and qualitative business analytics, including ability to turn quantitative analysis into actionable recommendations with measurable business impact
- Ability to lead/influence cross-functional teams across all levels of the organization and work collaboratively in a matrixed environment
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; Experience with presenting to senior executives
- Be able to build, measure and learn iteratively (Growth Mindset. Can-do mentality)
- A bias for action, including balancing tradeoffs, a willingness to roll up their sleeves and do what it takes to get things done
- Ability to work in a culture that thrives on feedback and seeks opportunities to stretch outside your comfort zone
- Ability to coach/mentor team members and build a work culture that welcomes different points of view that are well thought out in a constructive way that makes every decision better
Benefits We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package. Gartner is a high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Gartner associates strive on being high performers, problem solvers, team players with passion, integrity and effectiveness. We strive to attract exceptional people who really enjoy what they do and are continually recognized as a great place to work!
Equality statement The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion. Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is 158,000 USD - 220,500 USD. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:85674
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.