Senior Conference Planner, Production Project Management
Gartner is searching for a Senior Planner to work within Gartner’s Production Experience and Marquee Content Center of Excellence. This role supports the global Destination Conference portfolio of events.
As the Senior Planner, you will provide administrative, logistical and organizational support in delivering the planning, pre-production, and on-the-ground execution of multiple conferences, events and projects. A successful candidate will thrive in a quick moving environment with keen attention-to-detail.
In this role, the Senior Planner will provide customer-centric project management and overall support at the highest level possible to the team. An understanding of live conference planning, conference project management is essential, and an understanding of the Audio-Visual function within conferences is a plus.
What you will do:
- Support project management for the creation and delivery of Gartner’s keynote sessions by partnering and collaborating with internal stakeholders in Conferences and Research & Advisory, as well as external vendors across multiple Conference portfolios.
- Support project management and liaise with External Speaker Team and AV partners as it relates to logistics and on-site management for Guest Keynotes.
- Support project management as it relates to scheduling outside speaker coaching and or graphic design team (external or internal) and ensure proper timelines are kept.
- All Gartner and Guest Keynotes are to be no longer than forty-five minutes in duration (in most cases). Collaborate/support with all parties to ensure script development and timing of delivery meet this criterion.
- Leverage best practices to support live conference/event production planning processes.
- Schedule and participate in pre-production and onsite global meetings, which may be out of typical business hours at times, often acting as the representative from the Production Experience team, taking notes and bringing those updates and any questions to the Project manager and or wider planning teams.
- Support in managing the production timelines, key milestones, show flow documents and logistics.
- Prepare routine correspondence and forms, such as internal and external briefing documents, logistics arrangements, on-site expectations, script management instructions and others as needed.
- Coordinate pre-event and on-site logistics including rehearsal scheduling, rehearsal logistics, AV setups, crew catering, and other on-site activities as required.
- Collaborate with internal/external partners and vendors on the production of visual assets.
- Support the team regarding all requirements for all onsite delivery assets including staging, scenic, graphics, audio, animation and all creative media components.
- Understand and uphold Gartner’s brand with all assets created.
- Meticulously track and prepare versions of scripts and graphics for delivery at Conferences around the world.
- Partner with and communicate with internal and external partners such as AV agencies, creative agencies, speaker/performance coaches, freelancers, and writers.
- Assist with budget reconciliation and tracking in coordination with management and finance including collecting and processing vendor invoices.
- Maintain detailed documentation and reports with attendee feedback, wrap-up notes and debrief reports from all parties who participated in keynote development.
- Proactively engage with the team to pursue process improvements.
- Highly skilled in handling multiple complex and concurrent projects.
- Support internal/corporate events periodically as the calendar permits.
What is expected:
- High Scores from clients on Keynote in each region.
- Flawless client experience – continual understanding of attendees’ key priorities and map back to those metrics.
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships.
- Achievement of financial objectives.
- Engagement and effective management of suppliers/global partners.
- Exceptional operational efficiency.
- To be successful in this role, extensive domestic and international travel will be required.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in related field and industry.
- Project and budget management experience required.
- Beginning to end understanding of live conference production and creative content creation preferred.
- C-Level experience is desirable – communication and project management, etc.
- Agency experience advantageous.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - team player who works well with others, together reaching challenging goals under very tight deadlines.
- Client focused - superior customer service skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong time management skills and ability to multitask - high sense of urgency.
- Effective organizational, project, budget and time management skills.
- Strong executive presence.
- Passionate, energetic & enthusiastic.
- Self-motivated, collaborative and solution oriented.
- Curious and inquisitive, creative and innovative.
- Willingness to travel to 6 – 10 events per year.
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is 54,000 USD - 84,000 USD. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:85551
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.