We are looking for an Editor with an eye for detail and expert knowledge of the English language to coordinate, review and edit content, as well as manage all steps in the publication process. A successful candidate understands what kind of writing is appropriate for business executives and strives to provide exceptional, informative and engaging content to clients.
Editors perform a variety of editorial duties, including formatting, fact checking and editing reports, research, conference presentations and time-sensitive deliverables for grammar, punctuation, clarity, concision and adherence to style and established methodologies.
In this role, you will:
- Prepare, rewrite and edit assigned documents or other deliverables every day to improve readability.
- Read documents closely to detect and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, grammar syntax and style.
- Use a content management system to capture editorial changes, reviews and communications.
- Discuss and resolve any issues with author(s).
- Verify facts, dates and statistics, using standard reference sources.
- Edit with the reader or audience in mind.
- Help shape the development of policies, standards and procedures within the editorial team and in relation to improving the client experience.
- Help establish and implement quality controls throughout the workflow process.
- Work cross-functionally with all other teams/departments to improve the overall workflow process, procedures and systems.
- Assist in training authors on publishing process requirements and editorial style.
- Take part in departmental projects.
- Undertake continuous job-related training to maintain editorial quality levels and improve individual skills.
- Maintain an awareness of new terms or phrases coming into popular usage in your subject area(s).
- At least three years' editorial experience in a busy environment with strict deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism or Liberal Arts. (Don’t have a degree but have proven experience editing? Apply with us anyway.)
- Excellent English language skills in editing and writing.
- Tact, firmness and sound intuition when dealing with authors and others.
- Numerate and visually literate.
- Proven ability to manage projects and juggle a diverse workload.
- Knack for learning and understanding new concepts.
- Well versed in Microsoft Office applications (primarily Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and Google Workspace.
* Please note, this is a hybrid role. You will have the ability to work from home occasionally. The successful candidate should be within reasonable commuting distance of our Barcelona office so they can attend the office as and when needed.
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:85423
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.