About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity for an analytical individual with a growth mindset to scale a product management team and make a significant impact on Gartner's Peer platforms. As an Associate Product Manager, you will lead a feature-level squad in partnership with engineering, design, content, and other cross-functional partners and stakeholders to help users leverage Gartner’s Peer experiences to make better, faster business decisions and support meaningful networking opportunities with likeminded leaders and executives.
You will serve as the operational and tactical leader and driver of a squad focused on building our new conferences polling technology and facilitated networking capabilities that focus on bridging the gap between in-person and digital networking opportunities. In partnership with the team, you will work to identify, define, prioritize, and deliver new features, analyze data, and drive product innovation. You will conduct client interviews, synthesize customer data, seek and ingest stakeholder feedback, and work with your team to design MVPs (minimum viable products), evolving feature sets, and experiments to improve the client experience and drive our north start metrics and KPIs.
What you will do:
- Conduct client interviews and dig into quantitative and qualitative data to understand clients’ experience and pain points, then translate those into experiments and opportunities
- Work to understand customer and business needs and synthesize opportunities into actionable features and experiments
- Translate opportunities into Epics, Features, User Stories, and Tasks with meaningful acceptance criteria into a robust, prioritized backlog
- Provide detailed documentation of requirements and support grooming efforts with UX Design, Data Science and Engineering partners to ensure a clear understanding of the client problem and requirements and successful execution of work
- Help integrate input from multiple channels and stakeholders, including research, business unit leaders, and other product verticals into product priorities and requirements
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, build, launch, assess, and iterate against product features
- Model product management best-practice thought leadership, such as conducting research, competitive tear downs, data analysis, journey mapping, feature briefing, and backlog management to support meaningful progress against our goals
- Independently manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Contribute to the product ideation and design thinking processes
- Work with data scientists and data analysts to deeply understand the product, the customer, and business results
- Participate in the Agile development process and ensure that work is delivered on time and on budget with a sense of healthy urgency to drive meaningful impact against our metrics, KPIs, and goals
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management, marketing, computer science, engineering, math, statistics, or relevant discipline
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience with a strong preference for digital product management or product development
- Proven track record for new product innovation, including design thinking principles, product ideation, prioritization frameworks, and Agile development
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple stakeholders within a highly matrixed organization
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, as well as excellent organizational, interpersonal, and team skills
- Demonstrated ability to translate qualitative and quantitative analysis into actionable business strategies
- Experience in gathering input from and communicating ideas to clients and key stakeholders across businesses
- Strong working knowledge of Agile product principles and software development lifecycles
- Working knowledge and understanding of the application of data
- Strong project management skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads to support continuous, meaningful delivery
- Ability to work in a culture that thrives on feedback and seeks opportunities to stretch outside your comfort zone, with a bias for action and completion
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is 84,000 USD - 115,920 USD. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:85397
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.