The Sales Development Manager (SDM) is responsible for managing a team of 10+ Account Management Associates or Business Development Associates across several membership programs. SDMs will assist in prioritizing new business outreach activities, managing cold calling activities, and generating revenue for Gartner through the management and motivation of entry-level revenue staff. Account Management and Business Development Associates schedule business meetings and calls with new and existing accounts and provide support to Business Development Managers and Account Managers. The SDM also has direct visibility into our leadership team and will help Gartner to achieve our aggressive growth goals.
How You Will Make an Impact
• Mentor Your People: Teach individual members of your team how to improve their business acumen and commercial skills, overcome performance gaps, feel a sense of excitement and accomplishment, and achieve their goals. Deliver ongoing informal and formal feedback to help your team build their careers.
• Manage Daily Operations: Manage and motivate a team of graduates who work in commercial (sales) support position. Help them improve their performance and generate leads to achieve sales outcomes, with new and prospective customers.
• Drive Toward Results: Support your team as they conduct daily outbound calls, and work to achieve team and individual goals, e.g. prospect & client call scheduling, driving membership utilization, working to understand an organizations mission critical priorities. Collaborate on campaigns and developing sales resources. Report activity and results to your senior leadership team.
We are Looking for Driven Team Leaders Who
• Have a Bachelor’s degree or other advanced degree
• Possess 3+ years of experience with varying aspects of customer service, telemarketing, sales and territory management
• 1+ years of direct people management experience preferred
• Demonstrate a willingness to work outside the strict job description parameters, thinking creatively about how to provide the highest level of internal and external customer service
• Have experience with management of staff productivity and incentive campaigns
• Are effective time managers with the ability to meet deadlines • Demonstrate exceptional poise, maturity, and judgment at all time
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:85311
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.