About Gartner Global Marketing:
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission critical priorities. Our Global Marketing team strives to understand the needs of the customers and communities we serve and design the most effective programs to profitability meet those needs. This team accelerates sales activity by attracting, engaging, and converting leaders and their teams through the delivery of compelling Gartner insights and experiences throughout the buyer journey.
Director, GTS Marketing – Americas Public Sector
We’re looking for an experienced Director of B2B Marketing to lead our Americas Public Sector segment. The candidate must have extensive experience marketing to, or for, government agencies, ideally at the federal or state level. The candidate will have a strong executive presence. We are looking for a Marketing leader with proven experience in developing comprehensive marketing strategies for the government sector and buyers in the IT organizations, including, but not limited to, developing multi-channel campaigns and buyer journeys to drive lead generation and appointments, sales enablement, and event support. We’re looking for a collaborative leader with a passion for customer-centric marketing and sales productivity.
What You Will do:
- Assess a complex market landscape and create focused, integrated marketing plans.
- Create strategy for the public sector and assigned IT role(s) including messaging, offers, digital buyer journeys, enablement, and promotional plans to drive prospect conversion and revenue growth.
- Work effectively and collaborate closely in a highly matrixed environment with Sales, Product, Research, and global marketing partners to continually align marketing activities and priorities.
- Lead global marketing plans for assigned global program and/or role, in addition to regional public sector programming.
- Execute leveraging various centers of excellence.
- Be operationally excellent by presenting plans, forecasts, and write clear, succinct, and compelling performance reviews describing Marketing initiatives and insights to evaluate and optimize performance.
- Develop KPIs, goals, and targets for functions supporting the solution business.
- Develop test plans to optimize and innovate marketing programs.
- Coordinate activities and plans with Events Marketing and Global Marketing campaigns.
- Prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment, while having fun and creating a strong culture on the team and for two direct reports.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing.
- 10+ years’ direct experience in related role for the public sector.
- 5+ years managing a team.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior management, managers, clients, and customers.
- Ability to implement and manage marketing plans, with proven track record of success.
- Ability to influence and partner with internal business partners on strategic product objectives and challenges; Energy and positive attitude to work with varying stakeholders and get them through to the “final mile” of action and outcomes.
- Proven success managing projects with shared service organizations.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven mindset.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to spot original branding opportunities
- Always looking to improve and a get it done attitude
Who We Are:
Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020
Forbes America’s Best Employers 2018, 2019; Best Management Consulting Firms 2017, 2018, 2019
Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index Best Places to Work for LBGTQ Equality 2018, 2019 & 2020
What We Offer:
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities
- Extensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 20+ PTO days plus holidays and floating holidays in your first year
- 401k with corporate match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition reimbursement, charity match, and wellness and fitness allowance programs
- A collaborative and positive culture – Your team will be as smart and driven as you
- A chance to make an impact – Your work will contribute directly to our strategy
- An inclusive and diverse company culture – We work with and celebrate talented employees from every walk of life and offer Employee Resource Groups (Women, Mosaic, Pride, Veterans) to learn from each other’s different backgrounds
Gartner is committed to diversity, inclusion and engagement across all aspects of our business. We foster an environment of exceptional professional development to ensure each of us can reach our full potential. This includes embracing diversity and actively removing barriers to support inclusion, engagement, and growth at Gartner. Learn more at https://jobs.gartner.com/inclusion .
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is 116,000 USD - 164,220 USD. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:85112
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.