About the role:
Business Development Executive is responsible for prospecting companies that are not presently active clients of Gartner, within an assigned geographical territory. The purpose of the role is to identify key buying centers to expand the net new client base.
What you’ll do:
- Leverage key best practices to drive and successfully sell new business opportunities
- Build and effectively manage a list of new individuals and new clients to drive business development
- Collaborate with internal resources and external network to prioritize and penetrate key accounts
- Primary focus is on driving sales within net new logos / net new client accounts
- Utilize account planning and time management tools to drive an increase of research revenue to an assigned quota
- Establish and maintain executive relationships with clients to become the trusted advisor
- Quota responsibility aligned to the territory
- Handover of clients to existing Account Executives within 30 days of closing, for continued Gartner service
- Mastery and consistent execution of Gartner’s internal sales methodology, products, and services
- Manage forecast accuracy on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
What you’ll need:
Minimum 6 years proven consultative sales experience in high technology (services or software) to large multi-national companies
- Ability to build credibility quickly with new clients
- Proven experience in developing new business, by effectively building prospect lists and transitioning prospect companies to clients
- Proven experience in closing enterprise-wide complex sales solutions
- Ability to comprehend and problem solve by thinking and acting quickly on your feet
- Strong ability to influence others in the organization with no direct reporting relationship
- Ability to articulate a strong value proposition at the executive level
- Comprehensive understanding of technology buying centres
- Excellent presentation and communication skills at an executive level
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree – desired
What you will get:
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off policy, charity match program, and More!
- Collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity
- Professional development and unlimited growth opportunities
- # L1- JJ1
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:85019
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.