Director Analyst, Digital Customer Service and Support
About the Role:
We are looking for a Director Analyst who is expert in self-service and digital customer support channels such as chatbots, IVR, Apps, knowledge management, GenAI capabilities, and overall self-service channel strategy.
Gartner Analysts are recognized as industry thought leaders, responsible for creating must-have research, market predictions, and best practices for a wide array of world-leading organizations. A Director Analyst is expected to have a keen eye for problem identification and solution creation within their respective market. In this role, you will create research and provide advice to Customer Service and Support Leaders on self-service channels and digital support strategy. You will use your knowledge to help clients make better decisions, solve complex issues, and execute new practices that propel clients’ businesses toward key objectives.
A Director Analyst is tasked with publishing their insights as pragmatic and/or provocative research. Additionally, Gartner analysts regularly engage clients via virtual meetings, sales support, Gartner webinars and conference events.
Ideal candidates must possess expertise in the Customer Service and Support function, specifically digital self-service channels, strategy, processes, and technologies. They should have practical experience driving customer adoption of self-service channels such as chatbot, IVR, and portals. They should have experience orchestrating post-purchase digital customer service and support experiences. Candidates must also be comfortable creating written, customer-facing deliverables and must be able to clearly communicate their insights and recommendations to an executive client audience.
If you have spent your career developing expertise in digital support and self-service, and are excited by the prospect of creating research and advice for Customer Service and Support leaders, then this role is for you.
What you will do:
- Deliver high-quality actionable advice to an executive client audience through a variety of media.
- Write provocative and pragmatic research that is clear and actionable.
- Create and deliver presentations for webinars and other client-facing Gartner events.
- Track vendors, market trends and emerging practices to remain ahead of the curve within the self-service space.
- Deliver outstanding sales support to retain and grow the Gartner business.
- Build credibility as an industry expert to represent Gartner research, methodology and strategy.
- Actively participate in innovation, ideation, and research discussions and collaborate effectively with peers in the research community.
- Identify research process improvements or develop new processes that help the team and Research & Advisory provide excellent service delivery.
- Be a mentor and a coach by supporting more junior team members.
Who you are:
- You deeply understand the Customer Service or Customer Support function and have hands-on, real-world experience setting and implementing self-service and digital channel strategies.
- You know how to drive customer adoption of digital channels such as chatbot, IVR, support portals, FAQs, apps and communities.
- You have experience orchestrating amazing digital support experiences, mapping customer journeys, and understanding consumer pain-points .
- You know how to measure and analyze the success of digital channels and CX.
- You are fluent in the best practices of knowledge management.
- You enjoy learning and being challenged intellectually on new topic areas or adjustments to previously held beliefs.
- You are a strong communicator who can explain complex concepts concisely and simply.
- You are a subject matter expert who is comfortable presenting at large and small-scale speaking engagements.
- You can demonstrate executive presence and can immediately establish credibility with executives and additional stakeholders.
What you will need:
- Experience working Customer Service or Customer Support function, specifically within digital support, self-service, and/or digital customer experience.
- Bachelor's Degree, with 8+ years of direct experience .
- Subject matter expertise, with demonstrated knowledge of managing digital channels and influencing self-service budget investment.
- Deep knowledge of Heads of Customer Service and Support initiatives, goals, objectives, and business value ROI.
- Strong organizational skills: ability to work under tight deadlines and produce high quality deliverables.
- Demonstrate excellence in research and writing ability.
- Strong written and verbal proficiency, analytical and presentation skills; ability to engage clients and respond effectively to questions.
- Ability to represent Gartner's research methodology and strategies effectively at all levels.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 10% (where applicable).
- Comfort in a remote work environment, partnering with global colleagues.
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
- You are a team player who values expert insights, bold ideas, and intellectual courage.
- You are always learning and looking to discover what’s next in technology.
- You pursue personal excellence through team collaboration and consensus.
- You love to shape ideas and business-related recommendations to solve clients’ biggest challenges.
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is 130,000 USD - 165,000 USD. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:84978
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.