Sr. Principal, Research -- Marketing & Communications Practice
About this role:
Gartner researchers discover actionable business ideas, using use data and real-world examples to bring best practices to a broad range of world-leading clients. This position supports Chief Marketing Officers and other marketing executives, focusing on critical issues such as marketing strategy and operations, brand management, and technology deployment. A Sr. Principal will own or contribute to workstreams focused on significant business challenges and will be responsible for investigating, analyzing and writing about key research findings and identified solutions.
What you’ll do
- Use Gartner's unparalleled access to executives and proprietary methodology for conducting world-class research to identify best practice solutions to specific marketing challenges.
- Work closely with marketing executives to identify their most pressing issues and produce research that solves complex business problems on a global scale.
- Produce a steady stream of research-informed written content, leading the content creation process and collaborating with various subject matter experts across the Marketing and Communications practice.
- Conduct research interviews with executives and industry experts, help design surveys, source other proprietary data and analysis, as well as execute secondary literature searches to produce the highest quality insights for use in white papers, exclusive client webinars, and high-visibility research studies.
- Develop provocative and pragmatic ideas that fundamentally change and improve the way organizations market their products and services to their customers.
Who you are
- We are looking for creative, analytically strong, articulate, and self-motivated individuals who are great at developing subject matter expertise and excited to build consultative, problem-solving skills. You do not need a background in marketing; our search for talent is centered, without exception, on the ability to learn a topic by taking apart its logical, philosophical, or economic components and resurface with rigorous insight. Unlike management consulting, investment banking, or law, advancement in our strategic research positions do not require interest or experience in business development. Some of the shared characteristics of our successful hires include:
- Strong appetite to dive into a given content terrain to develop expertise and distill key findings.
- Ability to gather, analyze, restructure, identify and create original insights from qualitative and/or quantitative data, along with a sense for their most valuable implications.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with particular attention to precision of language and ability to organize information logically.
- Proven competence for meeting deadlines, multi-tasking and managing work under ambiguity/uncertainty (e.g., new and/or limited information, multiple stakeholders)
What you’ll need
- A Bachelor's degree required, and a Master’s/PhD in a social science strongly preferred.
- 7+ years of experience conducting primary and secondary research utilizing qualitative and quantitative analysis to identify relevant findings.
- Project management experience with the ability to lead, coach and mentor more junior colleagues on the Research team.
- Strong business acumen and intellectual curiosity to understand and synthesize information quickly, as well as the ability to diagnose issues and generate actionable recommendations.
- Experience converting qualitative information into clear frameworks, narratives and visually compelling presentations. Quantitative research experience (e.g., survey creation, data analysis, data visualization) preferred.
- Experience communicating complex ideas simply to senior-level leaders.
What we offer
In addition to an outstanding work environment with potential to advance and strong work-life balance, the Gartner research team enjoys exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Great on the job learning
- A great work culture
- Generous PTO
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is 92,000 USD - 130,500 USD. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:84936
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.