Sr Principal (TM), Content Maintenance COE, Gartner Research and Advisory
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Research, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas, and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery, and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on the promise of digital, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you are someone who is intellectually curious and principally motivated by ideas, Gartner is looking for you.
About this role:
Are you intellectually curious and motivated by ideas? Do you want to create research products that are widely used by executive leaders worldwide? Gartner is searching for an India-based Senior Principal to join our research team within the Content Maintenance Center of Excellence (CoE). This CoE provides an opportunity to dedicatedly support Gartner’s research practices with an exposure to the full range of leadership-level strategic and management topics. The Senior Principal will be responsible for (a) managing a team of researchers who are investigating, analyzing and writing on critical issues facing senior executives (such as CIOs, CISOs, Tech CEOs, CSCOs & Sales and Service leaders) in leading global organizations and (b) innovating and scaling content delivery models to accelerate content creation, helping our clients navigate their most pressing concerns of the day. This involves working with a team on a wide range of written deliverables and producing research providing strategic and actionable advice for top executives, while breaking down complex topics into an easily digestible and consumable format. Being part of this team will provide you with opportunities to support discussions among various industry leaders, identify and design tools and frameworks to support clients in critical processes, and help organizations transform the way they operate. The Senior Principal must be intellectually curious and have the desire to quickly develop “generalist” knowledge. The role is a key feeder to careers reaching the highest levels of the firm.
What you will do:
- Learn and execute Gartner's proven methodology for conducting world-class research that helps identify best practice solutions to many of today's biggest business challenges.
- Lead a research team to interpret, collect, analyze, and structure information from top executives that are actionable, applicable (not academic), and aligned with their workflows.
- Manage timely delivery of a regular calendar of research deliverables — including whitepapers, presentations, client-shared materials, case studies and best practice documents .
- Ensure the quality of deliverables by undertaking regular checks of the researchers’ work by reviewing documents, listening into/shadowing discussions with stakeholders and SMEs.
- Motivate, coach, facilitate, problem solve, address people-related issues, and be actively involved in the day-to-day activities of the team.
- Directly lead, develop, and motivate one or more researchers across the entire project life-cycle – from conception to completion and presentation.
- Closely collaborate with peers and senior stakeholders in India, the US, Europe, and Australia as a part of global research initiatives.
Who you are:
We are looking for creative, analytically strong, articulate, and self-motivated individuals who would like to develop a strong knowledge of the terrain along with building consultative problem-solving skills. Unlike management consulting, investment banking, or law, our strategic research positions do not depend on a special appetite or aptitude for sales or business development. Our search for talent is centered, without exception, on the ability to run deep on a logical, philosophical, or economic problem and resurface with rigorous original insight. Some of the shared characteristics of our successful hires include:
- Strong appetite to dive deep into a given content terrain to develop expertise and distill key findings.
- Ability to gather, analyze, restructure, identify and create original insights from qualitative and/or quantitative data.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with particular attention to precision of language and ability to organize information logically.
- Proven competence for meeting deadlines, multi-tasking and managing work under ambiguity/uncertainty (e.g., changing factors, limited information)
- Proven competence for managing, coaching, and developing a team.
- Aspiration to constantly learn and improve.
What you will need:
- Master's (Management, Economics, Sociology, Political Science, MBA etc.) or PhD degrees in fields such as management, social science, sociology etc.
- 7+ years of research and/or management consulting experience
- At least 2 years of experience managing research projects end-to-end.
- At least 2 years of experience in leading and managing a team of researchers.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and relay ideas, engage clients and work in global teams.
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:84828
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.