Associate Director, Legal Counsel
Gartner is currently seeking an Associate Director, Legal Counsel, to support Gartner’s legal and compliance requirements in India. The Associate Director will be responsible for managing a wide range of legal and corporate secretarial issues affecting the company, among them contracting, compliance, ethics, policy and regulatory. The ideal candidate will be responsible for in-house legal matters including drafting agreements, participating in external negotiation discussions, giving practical and actionable solutions to stakeholders, handling all board of directors’ matters, corporate compliance and statutory filings. To succeed, this candidate should feel comfortable working independently with global business units, global legal team colleagues, external advisors, clients and third parties on a variety of legal and company secretarial matters.
• Support client contracts in India including negotiation, liaising with Sales Teams, working closely with other Business Units to support sales efforts in the region
• Provide comprehensive and actionable general legal advice and support on compliance issues in India
• Line manage the Company Secretary, overseeing the effective and timely completion of all corporate secretarial activities
• Respond to legal and contract escalations that arise in our operations and work closely with legal teams in the region to provide seamless legal support to all business units
• Work on the CLM tool for all contracting matters and maintain records through dashboards and technology databases.
• Actively contribute to legal transformation projects for the purpose of gaining efficiencies in the operation of the legal department
• Where required, work with development teams to develop the required technical infrastructure through data analysis and testing successful implementation of the same
• Provide legal support for real estate matters including drafting and negotiating leases, rent agreements, maintenance agreements, letters, notices, renewals, terminations and expansions
• Assist with M&A activity as it arises, including due diligence assistance and project-based efforts
• Conduct legal and compliance trainings as and when required with the aim of creating awareness and equipping employees in understating policies and regulatory requirements
• Keep track of changes in laws applicable to Gartner and preparing internal updates for the same
• In the area of commercial contracts, support, create and advance internal Gartner templates, processes and projects intended to support, streamline and scale Gartner business needs
Education: Bachelor Degree in Law and qualified Company Secretary
• A minimum of 8-10 years’ PQE experience negotiating contracts with client legal and procurement departments
• A minimum of 6 years’ experience independently handling all corporate secretarial matters
• Experience of people management is preferred
• Significant experience in negotiating contracts with client legal and procurements departments
• Relevant experience in a previous US MNC will be preferable, though not mandatory
• Outstanding analytical and communications (written and verbal) skills with attention to detail
• Excellent problem-solving, advisory, negotiation and drafting skills.
• Experience working with legal teams in India and supporting global legal operations
• Ability to work independently and within a collaborative team environment
• Strong process management skills with the ability to multi-task and meet firm deadlines
• Strong time management and prioritization skills
• Ability to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
• Proven technology usage and data analysis capabilities
• Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to collaborate, influence and lead
• Ability to collaborate with across a large organization and deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
• Coachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
• An upbeat, collaborative, and positive culture
• Integrity, objectivity and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
• An opportunity to work with exceptional legal professionals in a global legal and compliance team
• Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
• Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
• Exposure to industry leading training and development
• Performance based recognition and rewards
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:84761
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.