What we’re looking for:
The Gartner Conferences and Marketing Technology organization (CMT) is seeking an experienced Senior Director of Engineering to join our team.
Gartner is a growth company that has experienced tremendous growth over the past several decades. With that growth, comes the need to continuously improve the efficiency, scalability, and reliability of our software solutions.
In this role, you will be responsible for driving the Software Engineering productivity, delivery, and planning of Evanta Software Technology. You will work closely with both business and Software Engineers to prioritize, define, and drive forward the software needs of the Evanta organization.
Gartner is the home of some of the world's most renowned Technologists. As such, we have a “no-limit” mindset as it relates to our Technology vision. The CMT organization prides itself on being at the forefront of most technological advancements. We are looking for a passionate leader that will push the boundaries of what we can achieve through technology & collaboration.
As a people manager you will mentor and help develop Engineers to be the best at their careers.
Why you’ll want to come to work:
- You will develop and maintain a deep understanding of Evanta’s products and services, as well as emerging technologies and trends in the industry.
- Act as the liaison between the business, program management and the development team to guide the direction and come up with solutions for Evanta applications.
- You will give an initial level of effort for projects, and organize sprints.
- Lead engineers who support production issues.
- Work with the security team to ensure that applications are secure.
- Mentor software engineers and help the team scale.
- You will lead engineers focused on improving reliability and observability into the Evanta technology services.
- You will work with the Cloud Center of Excellence to ensure we are using best practices as well as work with Enterprise Architecture to implement organizational standards.
- This is a role that requires excellent communication skills, since the Senior Director of Engineering will interact with technical leads, software engineers and members of the Business on a frequent basis.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Bachelor in a computer science or IT related field preferred
- Strong experience in all phases of the software development life cycle, including delivering software to Production at scale.
- 10+ years of experience in Software Engineering
- 5+ years of experience leading a team of Engineers
- Strong knowledge of software development principles, patterns, and practices
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
Technical/ Professional Skills & Competencies:
- Intimate knowledge of several programming languages such as Ruby, Java, node.js, Python or .NET
- Experience with all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including SCRUM and Agile development methodologies
- Excellent organizational and communications skills
- Good writing skills, with an ability to communicate complex technical topics to both technical and non-technical audiences
Don’t meet every single requirement? We encourage you to apply anyway. You might just be the right candidate for this, or other roles.
What you’ll receive:
- Competitive compensation.
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities.
- A collaborative and positive culture - join a diverse team of professionals that are as smart and driven as you.
- A chance to make an impact – your work will contribute directly to our strategy.
- A hybrid work environment—enjoy the flexibility of working from home and the energy of collaborating with peers in our dynamic offices.
- 20+ PTO days plus holidays and floating holidays in your first year.
- Extensive medical, dental insurance and vision plan.
- 401K with corporate match, immediate vesting.
- Health-and-wellness-related allowance programs.
- Parental leave.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Gartner Gives Charity Match.
- And much more!
What we are:
- Action Oriented - You have what it takes to deliver measurable results, fast. We encourage and guide the vision, roadmap to success and the action it takes to make it happen.
- Intellectually Curious - You love learning and are excited by the potential teaching opportunities within your role. You bring respectful, radical candor to your work, with a mindset of desiring ongoing professional and personal development.
- Collaborative - You believe in the one team, shared mission philosophy. You are open to giving and receiving feedback and understand the value of working together to accomplish more than could be accomplished alone.
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is 140,000 USD - 214,000 USD. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:84723
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.