Who we are
Gartner Analysts create Gartner research, communicate it to clients, and support Sales in client retention and new sales. In this role the Analyst will provide insight and actionable advice mainly to IT user organizations in the area of Data and Analytics . This Analyst will write about, present, and advise organizations; diagnose root causes of client challenges and advise on the best course of action. Director-level Analysts are responsible for interfacing almost continuously with IT leaders and other senior executives to foster deep and broad long-term relationships.
What you`ll do
- Analyze vendors, markets, technologies, best practices, and skills in the following areas:
- Data and Analytics Strategy : Build and modernize data and analytics environments to enable better decision making, in accordance with broader data and analytics strategies
- Advanced Analytics and AI Architectures: Assess the reference architectures, best practices and operationalization framework documents to build next-generation advanced analytics and AI platforms supporting digital transformation
- Data Management Architecture: Architect best-fit modern data architecture including on-premises, cloud-native and hybrid data management to support extreme volume, velocity and variety of data
- Data Management Principles and Deployments: Select, design, deploy and operationalize data management systems using emerging trends in special-purpose data stores such as nonrelational, graph and object stores, and migrate databases to run hybrid, multicloud workloads
- Create high quality, clear, actionable, “must-have research” content based on research best practices and methodologies
- Apply expansive knowledge of Gartner research to help client make smarter and faster decisions in following area
- Identify Business & Emerging Technology Trends
- Architect & Optimize the Technology Landscape
- Scale Data & Analytics Platforms & Ecosystems
- Manage D&A Governance, Quality, Standards & Assets
- Manage Risk Aspects of D&A
- Contextualize other Gartner technology and business process research for the Japan market
- Provide high quality and timely research peer review. Provide mentorship and support team members
- Present at Gartner, Industry and Client events
- Supports Sales and Service Delivery partners to drive account growth and retention as well as client demand for Gartner’s research
- Actively participate in or lead research community meetings as needed to discuss research issues and collaborate effectively with peers
What you`ll need
- Native-level Japanese and business-level English language skills
- Bachelor`s degree or equivalent professional experience
- 15+ years of experience in the following:
- Designing, building and testing large scale Data Warehouse, Data Lake, and/or Data Hub. Preferably in a mixed cloud and on-premises environment
- Evaluating and recommending Data Management tools and services such as DBMS, Data Integration and Metadata Management
- Experience in Machine Learning and/or AI is a plus
- Experience in developing data security and privacy guideline and/or standard is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and ability to explain complex ideas effectively
- Strong analytical and presentation skills; ability to engage clients and respond to questions effectively
- Strong C-relevance and executive presence
- Genuine curiosity to new technologies and market trends. Willingness and ability to do tremendous learning in long term
- Ability to work independently, while also with excellent people skills and collaborating internationally
- Proficient in distilling data or information to identify key findings
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:84186
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.