Senior Director, Analyst – Platform Engineering and Generative AI
*This is an individual contributor role based remotely in North America.
About the role:
Gartner Analysts are industry thought leaders who create must-have research, market predictions and best practices for a broad range of world-leading organizations. A Senior Director, Analyst serves as a leader within Gartner’s Research and Advisory business, establishing oneself as a credible voice within their designated domain at local, regional, and global levels. They are a trusted source of advice for clients, adept at engaging them via in-person meetings, virtual meetings, sales support visits and conference presentations.
This role is part of Gartner’s Software Engineering practice, a global team of R&A experts who help software engineering leaders make smarter decisions and achieve stronger performance on their most critical priorities. This is an individual contributor role. We are looking for a seasoned software engineering expert with substantive hands-on experience in:
- Delivering digital products/services using a platform engineering approach.
- Establishing strategy, practices, teams, and culture for platform engineering.
- Driving innovation in digital products/services with generative AI tools.
- Piloting or implementing AI-augmented software engineering strategy and practices.
What you will do:
- Conduct research and analysis in assigned areas of expertise to support key client initiatives.
- Create innovative, thought provoking, and highly leveraged “must-have research” content.
- Develop new research ideas through thought leadership and collaboration with other experts.
- Research, analyze and predict market trends to keep clients and vendors informed.
- Provide clients and prospects with actionable advice via virtual and in-person interactions.
- Create and deliver high-value presentations at Gartner events, industry and professional association conferences, and client briefings.
- Proactively support the sales organization in their efforts to retain and grow the business.
- Bring provocative, independent insights that shape future research agenda and planning.
- Provide high quality and timely research content peer reviews.
- Participate in innovation, ideation, and peer discussions within the research community.
- Identify process improvements or develop new processes that help the team and R&A serve clients better.
- Be a mentor and a coach by supporting more junior team members.
- Be client-centric; actively seek opportunities to engage clients with Gartner research and interactions.
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; Graduate degree preferred.
- 12+ years of relevant field or industry experience.
- Technical subject matter expertise in key software engineering concepts, specifically, platform engineering and generative AI, supplemented with strong business acumen.
- Additional experience leading large software engineering teams and/or delivering high-impact software initiatives would be a plus.
- Strong project management skills: ability to develop project plans, work toward established deadlines and produce high quality deliverables.
- Demonstrated excellence in research and writing ability.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills; ability to communicate complex concepts concisely and simply to clients, internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficient in analyzing and synthesizing data; can apply patterns and frameworks while effectively drawing and defending conclusions.
- Experienced and comfortable presenting at large and small-scale speaking engagements.
- Expansive knowledge of the global and competitive landscape within subject area as well as related market dynamics.
- Ability to work independently, while also being intrinsically motivated to collaborate across teams and support the workflow of others in a multicultural global team.
- High learning agility; willingness to adapt to Gartner’s unique corporate culture and new work environment.
- Ability to represent Gartner's research methodology and strategies effectively at all levels.
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is 150,000 USD - 190,000 USD. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:84176
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.