What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative virtual firsr work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Sr Tax Associate
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
Work with Tax Director on all aspects of quarterly & annual global provision per ASC 740 and FIN 18 (includes calculation, analysis, tax related financial reporting, research of technical tax accounting questions, and key control documentation per Sarbanes Oxley). Compile cash tax & rate guidance, selected special projects
What you’ll do:
Assist Tax Director with executing the following:
- Management and coordination of all aspects of consolidated provision.
- Work with fed, state & int’l teams to compile and analyze results.
- Maintain executive summary deliverables including CFO presentation.
- Coordinate with FP&A and transfer pricing team quarterly to rationalize full year pretax projections by region.
- Compile documentation for Sarbanes Oxley testing of consolidated process.
- Draft tax related financial disclosure.
- Consider financial reporting developments, changes in financial accounting standards, and changes in the business and/or tax laws.
- Research tax technical accounting questions as necessary.
- Identify items for discussion and draft disclosure committee talking points.
- Cash tax and rate guidance. Work with FP&A, TP, fed, state & int’l teams to compile.
- Prepare scenario analyses and develop guidance ranges on a quarterly basis.
- Continually assess YTD performance against guidance; raise potential risks.
- Develop annual tax department budget.
- Track YTD spend vs budget and report progress to GVP of tax.
- Ensure audit committee approval for all spend with external auditors.
- Selected research/special projects (e.g.: maintain global equity comp summary, research US tax treatment on synthetic debt instruments, research and propose tax accounting policy for GILTI, etc.
What you’ll need:
- MST, CPA, or JD a plus
- BS in Accounting, Business, Finance minimum requirement
- 2-4 yrs. tax experience including global provision and financial reporting
- Public Accounting or mix of public and private is preferred
- Good communication skills - ability to identify & effectively communicate status and issues
- Sense of ownership – understand purpose of assigned tasks and evaluate progress towards goal as work is being executed
- Good project management skills -proactively execute against project plan and raise roadblocks early
Who you are:
- Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is 84,000 USD - 115,920 USD. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:84117
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.