About this role:
This is a unique opportunity for a convergent thinker with numeracy skills to make a big impact with Gartner’s clients as part of the Gartner Technology & Service Provider Quantitative Innovation group.
We are looking for an impact-driven, self-motivated problem solver with a passion for understanding technology markets. Someone who thrives on building models and drawing conclusions from disparate data sets to create actionable forecasts. The Principal Researcher will need to work independently and be driven to collaborate across multidisciplinary teams of global analysts that assess the vendor landscape and trends. From this collaboration and primary research, the role will lead the development and ongoing enhancement of our Market share forecast publications.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with Gartner’s subject matter experts to gain insight, validation, and agreement of forecast model inputs and output.
- Ideate, create, enhance, and maintain forecast models.
- Research, analyze, and predict market trends based on vendor strategies, buyer demands, key macroeconomic trends, influencing factors, and key metrics across industries and geographies.
- Assess the market opportunity for technologies and services, presenting powerful competitive analysis and customer opportunity assessments.
- Identify research process improvements or develop new processes that help the team and Research & Advisory provide excellent service delivery.
- Integrate input from multiple channels, including customer research and subject matter experts, into written forecast assumptions and drivers.
- Serve as Forecast Lead and manage interactions with data scientists and subject matter experts.
What you will need:
Professional Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in statistics, business/economics, or a related field. Master's degree (or MBA) would be an added advantage.
- 5-7 years of research/consulting experience.
- Candidates with experience in building forecast / financial models/modeling tools will be preferred.
- Ability to work independently, while also motivated to collaborate across teams to produce high-quality numerical and written deliverables.
- Excellent critical thinking skills, highly numerate with strong analytical skills, applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns while drawing and defending conclusions.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Outstanding project management (projects involve multiple internal teams) with the ability to meet research milestones and deadlines.
- Strong business acumen and intellectual curiosity with a passion for understanding technology markets from both a business and technology perspective.
- Good understanding of macroeconomic trends that impact market fundamentals and demand and supply factors.
- Strong sense of ownership and a ‘get-it-done’ attitude.
What you will get:
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off policy, charity match program, and more!
- Group Medical Insurance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and wellness programs.
- Collaborative, team-oriented, culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- High emphasis on learning, professional development, and growth.
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:84097
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.