About this role:
Provides U.S. Federal security assistance to the appropriate departments at Gartner. Act as specialist in the administration of internal security functions and supports company projects to satisfy contractual requirements and/or address any client or project team issues.
What you’ll do:
• Responsible for the implementation of corporate security policies, procedure and programs
• Ensures established procedures are enforced to protect the organization’s intellectual and physical property, and associates working in government markets
• Set up and manage Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) if and when needed
• Serves as a liaison to government and law enforcement officials on security matters for the organization
• Implements procedures and systems for visitor control, employee identification and safeguard of organization facilities and property, including proprietary and client-furnished data
• Maintains security databases, processes visit requests, conducts indoctrination and preparation, and processes Personnel Access Requests
• Proactively works with consulting leads in managing security requirements on classified contracts
• Ensures associates are properly marking and controlling media and systems
• Coordinates and administers security clearances and other policies and procedures in compliance with government agencies and regulations
• Creates and distributes security manuals, documents and records
• Creates and maintains security education/awareness materials and document control functions
• Conducts periodic security inspections and prepares security reports as necessary.
• Maintains inspection reports and records
• Advises senior management of deficiencies and remedial/disciplinary efforts
What you’ll need:
• Bachelor’s degree and/or security-related coursework
• Requires Department of Defense Top Secret clearance and SCI eligibility
5 years’ experience working as a Security Officer
• Proficiency with JPAS, eQUIP and Scattered Castles systems
• Expert in MS-Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and collaborative workspace software applications
• English speaker with excellent oral and written communication, editorial and administrative skills
• Flexibility to work extended hours, evenings and weekends, as required
• Highly organized self-starter with the ability to work independently under minimal supervision
Who you are:
• Motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead
• Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
• Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
• Teachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
• Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
• An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
• Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
• Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
• Exposure to industry leading training and development
• Performance based recognition and rewards
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:83966
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.