About the role:
The R&A Studio "Content Maintenance Center of Excellence" team at Gartner is currently looking for a Team Manager based in India. The Manager will be responsible for leading a team of writers who will intensively spend time building narrative and contribute to investigating and analyzing critical issues faced by top executives such as CTOs, Enterprise Architecture, Enterprise Applications, CRM leaders, and more. Additionally, the Manager will be tasked with innovating and scaling content delivery models to accelerate content creation and help clients navigate their most pressing concerns. The team will work on a wide range of written deliverables and help the research group produce research that provides strategic and actionable advice for top executives by simplifying complex topics into an easily digestible format. The Team Manager must be intellectually curious and have the desire to quickly develop "generalist" knowledge. This role also provides opportunities to support discussions among various research leaders, identify and design tools and frameworks to support clients in critical processes and help organizations transform the way they operate. The role is a key feeder to careers reaching the highest levels of the firm.
What you will do:
- Lead and manage a team of writers based in India, ensuring they write actionable and applicable content aligned with their workflows.
- Learn and execute Gartner's proven methodology for conducting world-class research that identifies best-practice solutions to business challenges.
- Define and communicate goals and objectives in alignment with the global Content and Research Excellence and Studio team.
- Ensure quality and timeliness objectives are met in the global research content development workflow and projects handled by the team. Regularly check writers' work by reviewing documents and listening to/shadowing discussions with stakeholders and SMEs.
- Motivate, coach, facilitate, and solve work problems while being actively involved in the team's day-to-day activities.
- Create an environment of teamwork, open communication, creative thinking, cohesive team effort, and workplace integrity.
- Develop strong process knowledge and identify areas for constant optimization and growth.
- Identify training needs and organize training sessions with global Studio and Content and Research Excellence and other stakeholders.
- Develop strong business acumen within the team and ensure team members understand their impact on the business.
- Work with functional and operation managers to obtain necessary resources and support for the team.
- Track and report on team productivity, efficiency, resource utilization, and capacity.
- Oversee the successful implementation of global research operations policies or processes.
- Closely collaborate with peers and senior stakeholders in India and other geographies as part of global research initiatives.
Who you are:
We are looking for creative, analytically strong, articulate, and self-motivated individuals who would like to develop a strong knowledge of the terrain along with building consultative problem-solving skills. Our talent search is centered, without exception, on the ability to run deep on a logical, philosophical, or economic problem and resurface with rigorous original insight. Some of the shared characteristics of our successful hires include:
- Strong appetite to dive deep into a given content terrain to develop expertise and distill key findings.
- Ability to gather, analyze, restructure, identify, and create original insights from qualitative and/or quantitative data.
- Demonstrated ability in driving to consensus, moving forward, and getting things done amongst large, global, and diverse groups of constituents.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with particular attention to precision of language and ability to organize information logically.
- Proven competence in meeting deadlines, multi-tasking, and managing work under ambiguity/uncertainty (e.g., changing factors, limited information)
- Proven competence for managing, coaching, and developing a team.
- Aspiration to constantly learn and improve.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- 7+ years of work experience in content production or a similar environment as part of a global corporation.
- 2+ years’ experience in leading and managing teams. Experience in an editing/writing/research team at a global corporation is a strong plus.
- 2+ years of experience managing research projects end-to-end.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner research team enjoys exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Great on the job learning
- A great work culture
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:83931
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.