Senior Director, Analyst - Cloud Application Platforms
This is an individual contributor role, based remotely in Europe.
About the role:
Gartner Analysts are industry thought leaders who create must-have research, market predictions and best practices for a broad range of world-leading organizations. A Senior Director serves as a leader within Gartner’s Research and Advisory sector, establishing oneself as a credible voice within their designated market at local, regional and global levels. Utilizing exceptional research and analytical skills, a Senior Director plays a significant role in producing pragmatic and provocative research which Gartner clients consume and apply to propel their business toward key objectives. They are a trusted source of advice for clients, reinforcing Gartner’s value every day by engaging them via in-person meetings, virtual meetings, sales support visits and Gartner conferences to discuss complex client challenges and offer appropriate recommendations.
- This role sits within Gartner’s software engineering practice focusing specifically on cloud application platforms. Our clients are leaders of software engineering teams and the shift to the cloud has been a huge driver of change in recent years. This role would assist these clients in navigating common challenges including:
- Comparing the risks and benefits of cloud application platforms such as Amazon Web Services Beanstalk, ECS, EKS; Microsoft Azure App Service, AKS; and Google Cloud GKE
- Moving application functionality to the cloud
- Cloud native development techniques.
We are looking for someone with deep experience of these challenges who can guide and delight our clients.
What you will do:
- Create innovative, thought provoking, and highly leveraged “must-have research” content
- Develop new research and ideas through thought leadership and offer compelling, actionable approaches to client's needs and requests that accelerate the client's ability to act
- Develop in-depth analysis to identify the root cause of a client’s barriers or overall needs and reframe thinking to drive strategy forward
- Demonstrate thought leadership in establishing research positions across a team of analysts
- Bring provocative, independent insights to Gartner leaders that can evolve the course of a research agenda
- Research, analyze and predict market trends and shifts to provide clients and vendors with actionable insights
- Provide clients and prospects with actionable advice aligned to their designated content area via virtual or face-to-face interactions
- Create and deliver high value presentation materials on and off stage for Gartner events, industry and professional association conferences, and client briefings
- Support Research and Sales: Provide sales support serving as voice of the market to help research teams create content and to drive engagement with clients to make progress against their critical priorities to grow their business
- Provide high quality and timely research content peer review
- Build credibility as an industry expert to represent Gartner research, methodology and strategy
- Actively participate in innovation, ideation, and research discussions and collaborate effectively with peers in the research community
- Identify research process improvements or develop new processes that help the team and Research & Advisory provide excellent service delivery
- Be a mentor and a coach by supporting more junior team members
- Be client-centric while actively seeking to help clients engage regularly and often with Gartner research and interactions
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; Graduate degree preferred
- 12+ years of relevant field or industry experience
- Extensive experience of delivering solutions and applications in cloud environments such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud. Certification on any of these platforms is an added benefit.
- An understanding of how technical and architectural decisions impact on business strategies
- Experience in leading software engineering teams
- Broad knowledge of the entire software development lifecycle with an ability to advise on business strategies related to a range of related topics such as platform engineering, application modernization, CI/CD pipelines, application security and more.
- Demonstrate executive presence; can immediately establish credibility with executives and additional stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills; ability to work under tight deadlines and produce high quality deliverables
- Demonstrate excellence in research and writing ability
- Strong written and verbal proficiency, analytical and presentation skills; ability to engage clients and respond effectively to questions
- Proficient in analyzing and synthesizing data; can effectively apply patterns and frameworks while drawing and defending conclusions to client challenges
- Strong communicator who is able to explain complex concepts concisely and simply
- Subject matter expert comfortable presenting at large and small-scale speaking engagements
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Deep knowledge of the global and competitive landscape within subject area as well as the interplay in that market
- Ability to work independently, while also being intrinsically motivated to collaborate across teams and support the workflow of others, in a multicultural global team
- Learning agile and adept with navigating highly matrixed environments
- Ability to represent Gartner's research methodology and strategies effectively at all levels
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% (where applicable)
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:83911
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.