Director, Analyst D&A: Data Quality
North America (West Coast)
About the role:
Gartner Analysts are industry thought leaders who create must-have research, market predictions and best practices for a broad range of world-leading organizations. A Director Analyst possesses a keen eye for identifying problems and creating solutions within the market they serve. They use their knowledge to help clients make better decisions, solve complex issues, and execute new practices that propel clients’ businesses toward key objectives.
A Director Analyst publishes these insights as pragmatic and/or provocative research. Additionally, they reinforce Gartner’s value every day by engaging clients via virtual meetings, sales support, Gartner conferences and industry events.
The successful candidate is an expert in Data Quality and understands its application across people, processes, and technologies. The candidate will focus on written and customer-facing deliverables to support Data & Analytics Leaders who face the challenges of improving/establishing Data Quality initiatives.
What you will do:
- Deliver high-quality actionable advice through a variety of media.
- Write provocative and pragmatic research that is clear and actionable.
- Provide high quality and timely research content peer review.
- Create and deliver presentations for webinars, onsite engagements, and Gartner conferences.
- Track vendors, market trends and emerging practices to remain ahead of the curve within these areas, and adjacent spaces (e.g., digital transformation, culture change, and quality practices).
- Deliver outstanding sales support to retain and grow the Gartner business.
- Build credibility as an industry expert to represent Gartner research, methodology and strategy.
- Actively participate in innovation, ideation, and research discussions and collaborate effectively with peers in the research community.
- Identify research process improvements or develop new processes that help the team and Research & Advisory provide excellent service delivery.
- Be a mentor and a coach by supporting more junior team members.
Who you are:
- You came from a Data & Analytics background and may have been a hands-on practitioner in the past but as your career progressed you may have transitioned into a leadership role, where you started leading teams or teams of teams.
- You understand the bigger picture and the full lifecycle of data where considerations are made in governance, quality, integration, reusability, and management.
- You are proficient in analyzing and synthesizing data; can effectively apply patterns and frameworks while drawing and defending conclusions to client challenges.
- You enjoy learning and being challenged intellectually on new topic areas or adjustments to previously held beliefs.
- You are a strong communicator who can explain complex concepts concisely and simply.
- You are a subject matter expert who is comfortable presenting at large and small-scale speaking engagements.
- You can demonstrate executive presence and can immediately establish credibility with executives and additional stakeholders.
What you will need:
- Experience working on Data Quality initiatives; supporting business intelligence, analytics and with data scientists is a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree, Advanced Professional Qualification, or 10+ years direct experience in a field related to Data and Analytics.
- Subject matter expertise, with demonstrated knowledge of how to improve and sustain Data Quality.
- Knowledge or hands on experience with Data Quality products is a plus.
- Familiarity with Chief Data and Analytics Officer (CDAO) initiatives, goals, objectives, and business value ROI.
- Strong organizational skills: ability to work under tight deadlines and produce high quality deliverables.
- Demonstrate excellence in research and writing ability.
- Strong written and verbal proficiency, analytical and presentation skills; ability to engage clients and respond effectively to questions.
- Ability to represent Gartner's research methodology and strategies effectively at all levels.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% (where applicable).
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
- You are a team player who values expert insights, bold ideas, and intellectual courage.
- You are always learning and looking to discover what’s next in technology.
- You pursue personal excellence through team collaboration and consensus.
- You love to shape ideas and business-related recommendations to solve clients’ biggest challenges.
What you will get:
- US: Medical, Dental & Vision Plans, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 401K matching
- CANADA: Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- UK: Private Medical and Dental Insurance, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- India: Group Medical Insurance, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- AUZ: Health Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Ireland: Private Medical Insurance (PMI), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Parental Leave
- Collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity.
- Professional development and unlimited growth opportunities
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is 130,000 USD - 165,000 USD. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:83895
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.