Who we are
Gartner’s Consulting business is an extension of Gartner’s industry-leading IT Research. From CIOs, to leaders in business and government, we help Gartner clients across enterprises translate insights into transformational actions and achieve their mission-critical priorities. Leveraging the breadth of Gartner’s resources, Consulting is growing rapidly, with unlimited potential to continue expanding our client base.
What we do
Technology Strategy Consulting. We help the C-suite make the right decisions based on how technology can transform their businesses. In today’s world, a consulting firm that is “born digital”, (with the ability to directly leverage the full power of Gartner’s research and insights) has relevance to the most important strategic decisions any business will make.
We deliver value to clients in areas such as IT Strategy Consulting, Benchmarking, Analytics and Optimization. Typically, this helps Gartner’s clients to execute on their strategic priorities, across all sectors, including but not limited to:
- Digital Acceleration and Transformation
- Application Rationalization/Modernization
- Program Implementation
- ERP Transformation Support
- Big Data and Analytics
- Cloud Strategy
- Sourcing and Ecosystem Optimization
- Contract and Cost Optimization
- Security and Risk Management
What you’ll do
Our Consulting Directors are responsible for high-level project delivery and oversight along with client relationship management. You will manage teams and advise clients at the highest strategic level on both big-picture and tactical matters, focusing on how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes. In this unique role, we are looking for someone that can deliver on both IT Strategy and Implementation of strategy recommendations for our clients. This position is for a Director focused on ERP solutions supporting Gartner Consulting businesses and clients in North America.
What you’ll need
- Deep knowledge of ERP, CRM and other enterprise applications, the software and service provider landscape, and how to leverage enterprise applications to drive business value
- 8-12 years of overall experience, preferably in Tier 1/ well-known management consulting firms with project delivery and sales experience
- Experience with the following ERP Solutions:
- Oracle Fusion Cloud ERP
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition
- Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Experience with Value Streams (or business capabilities):
- Record-to-Report (i.e., Finance and Accounting)
- Hire-to-Retire (i.e., Human Capital Management)
- Source-to-Pay (i.e., Strategic Sourcing, Procurement, and Payables)
- Order-to-Cash (i.e., receiving and fulfilling customer requests for goods or services)
- Plan-to-Produce (i.e., planning and execution of the production process)
- Supply Chain Management
- Subject matter expertise in enterprise application selection, deployment, implementation and management, to advise clients making major investments in enterprise applications to get a return on their investment
- Strong business acumen to communicate to c-suite clients about the health of the major enterprise applications initiatives and how to avoid risk and protect business value
- Experience in advising clients through application overhaul and modernization strategies including options analysis, organizational and technical readiness strategic architecture analysis, and solution migration and transition strategies
- Knowledge of leading-edge technologies that drive application design such as low code / no code platforms, software and platform as a service, continuous availability, and service-oriented architectures/APIs
- Deep familiarity with the application/software development lifecycle (requirements, development, testing, deployment) including agile and waterfall methodologies, and how to advise clients through major application development efforts to ensure business outcomes are achieved
- Prior application support experience including release management, governance and/or change management, preferred
- Applications and solution consulting experience with a well-regarded firm, ideally combined with time spent managing and implementing software to understand operational nuances
- Strong technical capabilities coupled with the ability to clearly communicate the business value and bottom-line impacts of technology decisions to a non-technical audience
- A passion for client service and excellence in delivery that includes attention to detail, ability to prioritize and leverage a team.
- Travel to client sites required (on average 50% travel is required when travel is allowed).
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills (ideally in critical political environments)
- A consistent track record of leading people and building high-performing teams that leverage Technology to drive the mission-critical priorities of commercial or government entities
- An ability to inspire and motivate professionals from both technical and non-technical backgrounds towards a common goal
- An unwavering commitment to the success of your team, and willingness to provide constructive/ corrective action when needed
Good to have technology experience:
- Prior experience in a problem-solving capacity such as a solution/technical architect or analyst preferred
- Ability to synthesize and translate complex technical aspects into business terms and define from business objectives and constraints complex technical solutions
- Experience within a well-regarded management consultancy in a project delivery capacity
- An ability to be hands-on and to manage multiple client priorities simultaneously
Who you are:
- Comfortable selling to, influencing and building trust-based, value-added relationships with senior executives
- Successfully create top flight client solutions through a fast-paced delivery model
- Coachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- A consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
- Leadership to drive great results through a team of talented but junior consultants, motivate and help them grow
- Track record in achieving / exceeding revenue targets preferred
- Self-starter and a quick learner, demonstrates a no-limits mindset
- Strong consultative skills and problem-solving abilities and strong desire to win
- Passionate about technology and helping clients in the time of industry disruption led by technology evolution. Tracks the latest trends and potential use of technology to solve complex business problems
- Proven track record for achieving and exceeding personal targets like sales, utilization, managed revenue etc
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is 166,400 USD - 201,020 USD. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:83775
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.