About this role
The Collections Specialist will initiate contact with the Client to ensure the Client pays for services within the terms of the contract. You will evaluate the Client’s credit history to review, approve, recommend terms for new business or escalate to sales, management, outside counsel if delinquent. Additionally, you`ll support sales when the Client disputes invoices or requires supporting documentation / preparation of a statement. Maintaining collections history in Oracle – iCollections will also be necessary.
What you’ll do
- Understand and adhere to all corporate guidelines for pricing, legal, product, Gold Notes, SOX and country specific laws.
- Evaluate credit history, review and help prepare Sales Agreements with Sales for non-standard terms before presenting to Client; provide updated language, calculation of credits for re-writes and recommendations for edits or further approvals before submission to Client
- Start collections process through iCollections automating collections workflows and combining collection efforts via phone and email to the Client
- Coordinate with the GEMS and the Order Management teams to validate Clients outstanding balance or refund any overpayment coordinating with Cash Applications
- Identify Client issues early and escalate to management and sales
- Provide recommendations for enforcing terms or preparing a payment plan directly with the Client
- Electronically invoice and collect through Clients web portals.
- Preparation of credit memos and accurate coding depending upon the nature of the credit.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor`s degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Native-level Japanese and business-level English language skills
- 3 or more years of related office experience in one of the following areas: Customer Service, Collections, Sales Support
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Software. Oracle and a CRM system knowledge a plus
- Ability to communicate with a diverse audience at various levels and all countries and cultures within the organization
- Effective listening skills and an excellent customer service mindset
- Ability to work proactively in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Ability to build strong internal/external business partnerships
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:83692
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.