Research Specialist, IT Leaders Content Maintenance COE, Gartner Research and Advisory
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Research, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery, and collaboration you’ll not only help clients through insights on strategic and management topics, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunities.
About this role:
Are you intellectually curious and motivated by ideas? Do you want to create research products that are widely used by executive leaders worldwide? Gartner is searching for an India-based Specialist to join our IT Leaders (ITL) research team, within the Content Maintenance Center of Excellence. This opportunity gives researchers an exposure to the full range of leadership-level strategic and management topics. The Specialist will be responsible for (a) investigating, analyzing, and writing on critical issues facing IT leaders (such as CTOs, Enterprise Architecture, Enterprise Application and CRM leaders) in leading global organizations and (b) innovating and scaling content delivery models to accelerate content creation, helping our clients navigate their most pressing concerns of the day. This individual will work on a wide range of written deliverables that require (but not limited to) qualitative research methods – consult relevant subject matter experts, conduct wide-ranging secondary literature searches, and synthesize information to elicit key insights – to provide strategic and actionable advice for top IT executives, while breaking down complex topics on IT into an easily digestible and consumable format. Being part of this team will provide you with opportunities to support discussions among various IT leaders, identify and design tools and frameworks to support clients in critical processes, and help organizations transform the way they operate.
What you’ll do:
- Learn and execute Gartner's proven methodology for conducting world-class research that helps identify best practice solutions to many of today's biggest business challenges.
- Analyze and solve business problems using root cause analysis, hypothesis generation, and other qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Create role-relevant insights by speaking with senior executives, academics, industry experts, and conducting wide-ranging secondary literature searches.
- Be a key member of the Content Maintenance CoE responsible for improving client experience on ITL research deliverables, including (but not limited to): large research studies, white papers, case studies, presentations and webinars, guidebooks, templates, and how-to guides.
- Develop a deep understanding of the IT leaders’ workflow to create actionable and insightful content.
- Closely collaborate with peers and senior stakeholders in India, the US, UK, and Australia as a part of global research initiatives.
What you will need:
- Master's (Management, Economics, Sociology, History, Philosophy, Literature, Political Science, MBA etc.) or PhD degrees in fields such as management, social science, sociology etc.
- 0-3 years of research and/or management consulting experience
- Demonstrated ability to teach and relay ideas, engage clients and work in global teams.
Who you are:
We are looking for creative, analytically strong, articulate, and self-motivated individuals who would like to develop a strong knowledge of the terrain along with building content and creative skills. Unlike management consulting, investment banking, or law, our strategic research positions do not depend on a special appetite or aptitude for sales or business development. Our search for talent is centered, without exception, on the ability to run deep on a logical, philosophical, or economic problem and resurface with rigorous original insight. Some of the shared characteristics of our successful hires include:
- Strong appetite to dive deep into a given content terrain to develop expertise and distill key findings.
- Ability to gather, analyze, restructure, identify and create original insights from qualitative and/or quantitative data.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with particular attention to precision of language and ability to organize information logically.
- Proven competence for meeting deadlines, multi-tasking and managing work under ambiguity/uncertainty (e.g., changing factors, limited information)
- Aspiration to constantly learn and improve.
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner research team enjoys exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Great on job learning
- Inordinate work life balance
#LI - JK2
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:83584
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.