Subject Matter Expertise: The Director Analyst will apply in-depth knowledge of identity and access management technologies, technical capabilities of products/services, and deployment best practices to client engagements and for research development. There will be a focus on providing advice to clients on evaluation, selection, and deployment for some of the following technologies and topical areas:
- Access management protocols, standards and methodologies
- User and machine identity authentication mechanisms and products
- Federated identity and other technologies for Single Sign-On
- Secrets management technologies and product capabilities
- Identity threat detection and response architecture, tools, and capabilities
- Authorization policy orchestration and enforcement
- Identity analytics and related automation of IAM processes
- De-centralized identity mechanisms and use cases
What you’ll do:
As a Gartner analyst, you will engage with clients every day: on the phone, in a videoconference, or from the stage at a Gartner event. In every client interaction, analysts help clients solve difficult puzzles that lead to better performance. To support these conversations you will research technology, practices and trends and produce research for Gartner clients to view online or download and apply.
- Conduct research and analysis in specific areas of expertise targeting client’s key initiatives.
- Deliver high quality actionable advice through a variety of media.
- Write high quality, clear, actionable, advisory research documents.
- Remain ahead of the curve on developments and issues within these specified areas as well as applicable adjacent areas.
- Respond to client questions, create materials for and deliver to clients via teleconference, video conference or webinar and event presentations
- Maintain Gartner’s industry leadership reputation by responding to press inquiries
- Ability to conduct occasional travel, regionally and globally
Kindly note this is an individual contributor role, not a management role with direct reports.
What you’ll need:
It helps to be obsessed with your topic! Gartner analysts are correctly viewed as THE experts. This means you need to know technical architecture and trends, deployment best practices, standards and frameworks, etc. and be able to see patterns and articulate technical strategies. Most Gartner analysts have many years of experience and enjoy solving puzzles.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; Graduate degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant field or industry experience, with 7 or more years in technical roles specific to Identity and Access Management
- Demonstrate technical expert presence and immediately establish credibility with security and identity leaders and their teams
- The ability to produce high quality deliverables and consistently meet project milestones
- Strong communications skill, to include: written and verbal proficiency in English, public speaking acumen, and 1:1 client engagement
- Adept in analyzing and synthesizing data, identifying trends and patterns, and applying frameworks in support of research thought leadership
- Skilled at distilling complex concepts into concise advice, and successful at developing and defending research positions
- A self-starter who can work both independently and collaboratively within a matrixed, multicultural global team
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is 130,000 USD - 165,000 USD. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:83222
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.