About the role:
Gartner Researchers are tasked with generating actionable business ideas and data-driven insights through our hypothesis-focused research methodology. They enjoy exposure to a full array of strategic thought work where, in collaboration with their team and peers across Gartner, they pull apart ideas in search of insight, draw out best practices, and develop clear solutions. Principals work closely with C-level executives to identify and produce research that solve complex business and technology challenges on a global scale.
This particular role is in Gartner’s Infrastructure and Operations Research Team, which focuses on supporting senior IT leaders in the Infrastructure and Operations domain areas to enable a strong digital foundation for their companies.
What you’ll do:
- Learn and execute Gartner's proven methodology for conducting world-class research that helps identify best practice solutions to many of today's biggest business challenges
- Analyze and interpret business problems using root cause analysis, hypothesis generation, survey design, bench-marking, secondary literature review, and other qualitative and quantitative methods
- Drive key findings from complex quantitative and qualitative datasets and use findings to develop analytically sound, logically ordered research pieces
- Independently create and manage such key research deliverables, including: large research studies, white papers, case studies, presentations and webinars, step-by-step guidance, templates, round-table discussions
- Conduct and/or coordinate research interviews with senior-level executives (in IT and in business areas) and/or industry experts, and preparing research materials and summaries for the team
- Be a key member of the Research team and contribute to entire project lifecycle - from conception to completion and presentation
- Engage in and improving the quality of intellectual debate
- Closely collaborate with senior management and stakeholders, defend key ideas, and advance insights iteratively based on feedback
- Mentor, develop, and motivate more junior research members on the team
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with analyzing quantitative and qualitative data
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with particular attention to precision of language and ability to organize information logically
- Ability to flex communication style based on the audience
- Demonstrated ability to teach and relay ideas through their work
- Ability to manage projects and drive ideas forward to advance initiatives
- Self-driven and can work as a part of geographically-distributed teams
- Comfort with analyzing, synthesizing and distilling large amounts of information
- Intellectual curiosity and dedication to mastering complex environments; aspiration to continuously learn and improve
- Strong organizational skills; ability to work under tight deadlines and produce high quality material
- Ability to work both independently as well as part of a team
- Knowledge of technology developments and/or current state of Infrastructure and Operations work [preferred]
What you will get:
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off policy, charity match program, and more!
- Group Medical Insurance, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity
- Professional development and unlimited growth opportunities
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:83182
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.