Director, IT Strategy Consulting, Data & Analytics
About the role:
Gartner’s Consulting business is an extension of Gartner’s industry-leading IT Research. From CIOs, to leaders in business and government, we help Gartner clients across enterprises translate insights into transformational actions and achieve their mission-critical priorities. Leveraging the breadth of Gartner’s resources, Consulting is growing rapidly, with unlimited potential to continue expanding our client base.
Technology Strategy Consulting. We help the C-suite make the right decisions based on how technology can transform their businesses. In today’s world, a consulting firm that is “born digital”, (with the ability to directly leverage the full power of Gartner’s research and insights) has relevance to the most important strategic decisions any business will make.
We deliver value to clients in areas such as IT Strategy Consulting, Benchmarking, Analytics and Optimization. Typically, this helps Gartner’s clients to execute on their strategic priorities, across all sectors, including:
- Digital Acceleration and Transformation
- Enterprise Enablement
- Data Analytics and AI
- Applications Rationalization
- Cloud Strategy
- Sourcing and Ecosystem Optimization
- Contract and Cost Optimization
- Security and Risk Management
What you’ll do:
Our Consulting Directors are responsible for high-level project delivery and oversight along with client relationship management. You will manage teams and advise clients at the highest strategic level on both big-picture and tactical matters, focusing on how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes.
What you’ll need:
- Experience working with multiple IT solutions with clients in multiple industries
- Demonstrable and practical experience in the Data and Analytics domain including but not limited to: Data Strategy, Business Intelligence and Analytics, Data Management, Data Modelling, Data Quality, Data Governance, Master Data Management and Metadata Management;
- Experience with Data Architecture, designing and delivering BI and Analytics solutions on cloud technologies such as GCP, AWS or Azure and providing guidance around migrating data from traditional DW environments an advantage.
- Experience within the domain of Advanced Analytics and Data Science is desirable, e.g. hands-on experience with solutions such as Spark, MapReduce, Python, Redshift, Hive, Pig and visualization tools.
- Familiarity with various machine learning techniques such as Linear Regression, Random Forests, Neural Networks etc. to analyse multiple sources of structured, semi-structured and unstructured data is desirable.
- Data prep and extracting information from a wide variety of sources including quantitative, qualitative and big data sources and familiarity with one of the following modelling software packages: MATLAB, R, SAS, SPSS is desirable.
- Experience within a well-regarded management consultancy in a strategy project delivery capacity. Sales experience would be a plus.
- Prior experience in a problem-solving capacity such as a solution/technical architect or analyst preferred
- A consistent track record of leading people and building high-performing teams that leverage technology to drive the mission-critical priorities of commercial or government entities
- An ability to inspire and motivate professionals from both technical and non-technical backgrounds towards a common goal
- An unwavering commitment to the success of your team, and willingness to provide constructive/ corrective action when needed
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and the creative development of solutions and strategies to solve client problems. Must adapt Gartner frameworks and methodologies to strike at the heart of a client’s most pressing business challenges
- An ability to be hands-on and to manage multiple client priorities simultaneously
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- Comfortable selling to, influencing and building trust-based, value-added relationships with senior executives
- Coachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- A consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
- Track record in achieving / exceeding revenue targets preferred
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Gartner:
- Women at Gartner : Our Women at Gartner Employee Resource Group is focused on driving the recruitment, development, engagement and visibility of women by creating a network to exchange ideas, elevate skills and provide access to leadership. Click here to find out how https://jobs.gartner.com/inclusion/women-at-gartner/
- Winning as a Team: How Gartner Ensures Our Veterans Succeed: Our mission is to make Gartner a great place to work for top military talent and their families, attract veteran talent and support their growth through mentorship and program development. Interested in learning more about our Veterans Employee Resource Group? Click here: https://jobs.gartner.com/inclusion/veterans-at-gartner/
- Pride at Gartner: Meet Our LGBTQ+ Employee Resource Group : Representing LGBTQ+ associates and allies, Pride at Gartner supports the development of educational sessions, policies and practices that increase the understanding of gender identity and expression. Find out more from LGBTQ+ associates and allies here https://jobs.gartner.com/inclusion/pride-at-gartner/ .
- Black Employee Network at Gartner: BEN focuses on leadership development, networking, recruiting and engagement and creating a culture of inclusion to become an employer of choice for Black talent. Click here to find out more: https://jobs.gartner.com/inclusion/ben/
- Collective Abilities Network (CAN) at Gartner: CAN focuses on our collective abilities, not disabilities, and recognizes the value that community, a human-centric workplace and diverse perspectives bring to Gartner's high-performance culture. Find out more here: https://jobs.gartner.com/inclusion/can/
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:83178
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.