Gartner is a highly regarded and trustworthy advisor to SP&500 companies across the world by providing research and insights. We deliver actionable, objective insights to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization's most critical priorities. Founded in 1979, we have proudly grown exponentially to 16,000 associates supporting 14,000+ clients globally.
Want to learn more? Visit: https://www.gartner.com.au/en/ about for more information.
About the role
We’re seeking Business Development Associates to join our Sales Development program based in Sydney. You will be part of a hands-on, dynamic, and nurturing team providing the highest level of sales support in procuring C-level executives in some of the world’s most successful companies as potential new clients. Learn to apply strategic thinking and relationship building to engage executives on using Gartner’s research and advisory services to solve their most pressing business challenges around the world. You will understand their critical initiatives, align Gartner research and expertise, and help Gartner maintain its growth by ensuring strong business development of new clients.
What will you do
• Conduct lead generation, prospecting, and qualifying potential new clients.
• Utilise your business acumen to research companies, C-level executives, business trends, and competitive intelligence to create detailed research based strategic communication plans.
• Proactively schedule calls with prospective clients via phone and email (including cold calling).
• Educate prospective clients on the value of Gartner’s renowned products and services.
• Partner with Business Development Managers to create customized plans for sales territories, with a goal of supporting their monthly, quarterly and annual revenue targets.
What you will need
• Formal qualification (Bachelors) preferred, but not necessary
• Relevant work or internship experience in sales, retail, hospitality, or customer service • Ability to establish credibility and communicate with senior-level executives • Excellent communication, writing & problem-solving skills
• Ability to plan and prioritize daily tasks/responsibilities in an effective manner • Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure
• Collaborating with the internal/external stakeholders to solve problems
Why consider Gartner as your next Employer?
• Fortunes Worlds Most Admired Companies 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021
• Best Places to Work for LBGTQ Equality 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021
• Careers & the disABLED Magazine Top 50 Employers 2021
• Forbes Best Large Employers 2022
What we offer
Our people are the most valuable asset, so we invest in you from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits. These include:
• “Virtual First” Hybrid environment with a focus on flexibility and work-life balance
• Programs to fast-track your career progression and personal development
• Wellness programs (AIA Vitality) to keep you healthy and proactive
• Company funded healthcare plan for you and your family
• Annual 5k (USD) contribution towards professional development & study allowance
• Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), to foster diversity & inclusion
• Company match contributions for charity and volunteer days
• Upfront annual leave and additional birthday leave
Looking for a place to turn your ideas and input into a relation? Join #LifeAtGartner today!
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:83175
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.