About the role:
This is a unique opportunity to make an impact on new product development and management of products for Gartner’s Technology Services clients as part of the Global Product Management team (GPM).
The Sr Director, Product Management will be part of Gartner’s High-Tech business that delivers value to our vendor clients who create products and services and take them to market.
This role will be key to unlocking new market opportunities and driving double digit growth for Gartner in the Technology Services market (including technology professional services, consulting, IT services segments). This leadership position will create and manage products for this segment and lead the creation of product innovations and will require a real passion for understanding and anticipating customer needs and a strong motivation to solve their problems.
In this role, this person will be responsible for understanding the needs of this market segment and the roles we serve, defining the product vision and strategy, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, launching and managing products through the product lifecycle through a strong quantitative and qualitative data driven approach with the goal to deliver on drive double digit revenue growth.
What you will do:
- Own the Product Vision and Strategy: Develop the business case and build technology and data-driven products for the target segment and client-roles and launch and grow them working with key partners and stakeholders like Research content leaders, Product Marketing, Sales, Sales enablement, Sales Operations, and customer success.
- Be a leader in a matrixed organization: Lead brainstorming & collaborative problem-solving sessions with your partners in Research, Service delivery, Sales. Accomplish business goals by leveraging and working with internal stakeholders and partners.
- Understand the specific target portfolio needed for Technology Services clients, incorporating current offerings, and determining additional, new offering needed to meet clients’ needs.
- Drive client impact: Track critical product and business metrics to continuously iterate and improve the value proposition. Build, measure, learn, and iterate (Growth Mindset. Can-do mentality)
- Incubate pilot products and features working with scrum masters. Identify and analyze key business metrics to uncover bright spots and obstacles to impact; then deliver needed enhancements.
- Ruthlessly prioritize: Presented with meaningful imperatives and a mountain of data, identify and organize clear, concise actions.
- Drive alignment and buy-in: Develop and present regular updates to top executives - including Gartner’s most senior executives
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- 10+ years of progressive career experience with a proven record of creating, managing and growing products or services.
- Experience in Technology Services and/or consulting with a deep understanding of that market space and org structures and needs of the leaders of Technology services a plus.
- Proven experience in leading cross functional teams to deliver on products or services. Proven ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously.
- Product management or product development leadership role experience
- Extremely proactive leader with an ownership mindset. Strong commercial acumen and a bias for action. Ability to balance tradeoffs, prioritize for business impact, and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes.
- An ability to understand your clients’ needs, challenges, org structures, workflows, decision making processes, etc. to innovate your products and amplify impact.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative data analytics capabilities and experience: including ability to turn quantitative analysis into actionable recommendations with measurable business impact.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams across all levels of the organization, both inside and outside of GPM, including sales, research, engineering, customer success, and customer research
- Ability to work in a culture that thrives on feedback and seeks opportunities to stretch outside your comfort zone; and at the same time coach/mentor team members to build a high performing team culture.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solver, curious, organized, growth mindset, client-focused.
What you will get:
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off policy, charity match program, Medical, Dental & Vision Plans, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 401K matching and more!
- Collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity
- Professional development and unlimited growth opportunities
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is 132,000 USD - 183,540 USD. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:83084
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.