About this role:
This role will be responsible for the program development and leadership of our global Data Stewardship team. The Data Stewardship team is tasked to establish and follow best practice data strategies and governance frameworks to ensure our enterprise customer data is accurate, complete, secure and reliable. In this leadership role you will need to demonstrate a passion for data quality, experience working with senior leaders across the organization, and proficiency in developing and growing our stewardship program. Our overall mission is to build “Trust in the data” which relies heavily on a strong data foundation supported by our stewardship team.
What you’ll do:
- Enhance, grow and lead, our global stewardship program to monitor, process, and correct data through adherence to corporate data quality standards, and policies.
- Lead a Customer Data Quality support team, overseeing customer service operations, and ensuring timely resolution of reported issues impacting critical business processes.
- Drive continuous improvements, promote operational excellence, standardize processes and foster a no-limits mindset.
- Establish and maintain curated process documentation and operational metrics to foster transparency and reporting across all stewardship activities.
- Identify and implement automated solutions to support common stewardship tasks and deliver improved consistency, efficiency, and quality.
- Engage and drive collaborative discussions on process and tool enhancements pertaining to the continued improvement of our master customer data.
- Establish and maintain strong partnerships with key data stakeholders across various business units, with a lens on identifying and addressing data challenges impacting critical business processes.
- Champion and represent the global stewardship team through strong, actionable communications with other organizational leaders.
What you’ll need:
- 10+ years of experience as a data steward or similar data management function
- 5+ years of medium to large team management experience
- Experience using a variety of data extraction, querying, and profiling tools; Knowledge of Master Data Management desired
- Experience managing a customer data operations team across a large enterprise desired
- Experience communicating at various levels of an organization from the executive level to the working teams.
- Experience correlating performance results into shareable reports and dashboards for leadership level review
- Experience working within a Global Leadership team where communication frequency and quality is necessary
- Strong desire to always improve upon their/their team’s skills in stewardship effectiveness and efficiencies
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects at the same time
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Excellent verbal and written English
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:83029
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.