Director, Supplier Management Technology Analyst (US)
Gartner is seeking a Supplier Management Technology Analyst to drive new thought-leading research around the tools, solutions and technologies that can solve our client’s business challenges in Supply Chain. This research will be targeted to Chief Procurement Officers, Sourcing/Procurement Leaders, Supply Chain Technology Leaders, and Chief Supply Chain Officers within End User organizations and, in addition, practice/product leaders within large services and software providers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Advising our business and technology clients on market landscape, vendor selection, and implementation to solve mission critical priorities. This will include reviewing software proposals.
- Advising on best practices for using technology effectively.
- Researching, writing, and advising on the changing vendor landscape for supplier management solutions, new technology developments and defining emerging supply chain procurement ecosystems, architecture, and business models.
- Advising our business and technology clients on selection of Consultants and Service Integrators.
- Contributing to Gartner research and ideation on the evolution of current and emerging Supply Chain Sourcing & Procurement solutions and related technologies; including creation/participation in Magic Quadrants, Hype Cycles and Toolkits.
- Delivering presentations, both virtually and in person, to large audiences
- Leading strategic advisory days with software provider clients
- Conducting press interviews
- Supporting Sales in the sales cycle.
- Providing advice to Investment clients
The candidate must have significant experience in developing, managing, implementing or using supplier management technologies and a robust understanding of key sourcing and procurement processes with an emphasis on Supplier Management (Information, Risk, Performance, Product Innovation), Multitier Visibility, and Supplier Collaboration within the Supply Chain.
This could be through working in a large end-user organization, or from within a vendor focused on this market. Typically, Sourcing/Procurement Technology Leaders, Supply Chain Technology Leaders, and Business Analysts or Product Owners in the supplier risk/management technology market, would possess the skills we are looking for.
This should include skills and experience as follows:
- A genuine excitement about the possibilities of technology to solve sourcing and procurement business challenges, matched with a healthy dose of skepticism.
- Excellent writing and data visualization skills.
- Skill in complex problem solving. You absolutely must have an agile mind and be able to think quickly on your feet.
- Proven ability to engage and advise senior business and technology executives.
- Ability to work effectively leading or contributing to cross-team projects.
- “Out of the box” big picture thinker who is adept at connecting the dots between different technologies, trends and business models.
- Ability to “deep dive” into emerging technologies and trends (i.e. AI, graph technology) and then communicate implications and recommendations at an executive and strategic level.
- Confident on stage presenting
- Self-motivated and driven (we will check for this)
What you’ll need:
- 8-10 years’ experience in increasingly senior roles, working in the supply chain or with supply chain leaders, with a strong emphasis on supplier management technologies.
- Must come from a Manufacturing background.
- Experience of Supply Chain Sourcing/Procurement and the use of technology to support Supply Chain Sourcing/Procurement.
- In-depth experience of at least two-three of the following processes and the technologies that support them:
- Supplier Management
- Supplier Risk
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Supplier Information and Performance Management
- Supplier Collaboration
- Multitier Visibility
- Communication skills, as evidenced by prior experience presenting to or advising senior executives, investors, boards, or industry peers.
- Strong work ethic, working both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong project and time management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- An appropriate bachelor’s degree, we would prefer the addition of a master’s level qualification as well. Full membership of a professional body would also be a plus.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is something we take very seriously. If you consider yourself from a “diverse” background we want to hear from you. Not because we are box checking, but because diversity of people leads to diversity of thought and this is a core component of our success.
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is 130,000 USD - 165,000 USD. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:82816
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.