Gartner consulting is looking for an IT Strategy Consultant, who will work primarily in the IT Infrastructure and Sourcing domain. Typically, this helps Gartner’s clients to execute on their strategic priorities, across all sectors.
What you’ll do:
Our Senior Consultants are part of a high-level project delivery team. You will be part of a team that will execute IT strategy projects while advising clients on how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes.
Gain understanding of the engagement objectives, of the client's strategy, environment and constraints and assure that recommendations can be implemented:
- Analyze Gartner Research, leverage Gartner Consulting IP and methodologies, and prepare written reports and management presentations of analysis and recommendations
- Leverage mastered classical standard methodologies such as financial analysis, causal analysis, risk analysis and standard consulting management skills such as facilitation, interview, etc.
- Work with the global team on complex Cloud and IT infrastructure projects i.e., Data Center transformation, Cloud Strategy formulation
- An excellent understanding in the Infrastructure Platforms & Operations and sourcing domain, including topics such as:
- Adept in defining and refining Digital Business Sourcing strategy comprising of high-level business case formulation for procurement of IT services.
- Help in market scan to identify and shortlist suitable vendors, facilitate creation of bid package for procuring IT services
- Recommend appropriate Cloud Service Model (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and Cloud Deployment Model (Private, Public, Hybrid) meeting client needs and objectives
- Develop Public, Private and Hybrid Cloud strategy and business case
- Understanding offerings from large Hyperscalers (AWS, Azure, GCP) and SIs around IT infrastructure services
- Practical knowledge on DevOps tool chain strategy development, would be preferred
- Work with subject matter experts to proactively contribute to new consulting assets and IPs
- Participate as a member of Gartner teams in the creation of high-quality diagnostics and actionable strategic results
- Develop and maintain client relationships; Illustrate Gartner world-class brand by attitude and mind-set
- Manage multiple tasks, collaborate in a team environment, and exhibit promptness to project and customer needs.
- Adapt and function effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while working under deadlines.
- Take initiative, drive results and take on increasing levels of responsibility.
What you’ll need
- 6 - 8 years of overall experience, preferably in Tier 1 consulting firms
- Prior experience as Cloud Architect, Sourcing expertise is highly desired
- Experience of delivering Strategy engagements and recommending actionable insights to clients
- Passionate about technology – tracks latest trends and potential use of technology to solve complex business problems, with deeper understanding of core-banking platforms
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in a global environment where one has to collaborate with cross border teams on a continuous basis and work as a team
- A curious and inquisitive mind, with an openness to new experiences and learning, strong problem solving ability, and client focus
Who you are:
- Self-starter and a quick learner, demonstrates no-limits mindset
- Strong consultative skill and problem-solving ability and strong desire to win
- Passionate about technology and helping clients in the time of industry disruption led by technology evolution
- Leadership to drive great result through a team of talented but junior consultants, motivate and help them grow
- High performing team player with strong intercultural communication and collaboration
What Gartner Consulting will offer you?
- A world-class consulting environment
- The opportunity to work on cutting edge IT strategy engagements with a tier one client portfolio
- A competitive salary Structured bonus based on individual and corporate performance
- Opportunities for promotion with a clearly defined career development structure
- Opportunity to participate actively in the development and future of Gartner Consulting
- A dynamic but relaxed and supportive working environment that encourages personal development
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:82701
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.