What we do
Gartner partners with C-suite executives across all industries to provide market research and best practices and advisory services, enabling them to address their business-critical decisions through data-driven research. Gartner has experienced almost a decade worth of double-digit growth, which demonstrates how Gartner has succeeded in helping businesses navigate their mission-critical priorities.
In the Associate Accountant role, you`ll perform in-country finance & accounting activities, assist in the monthly and year end closing process for Gartner Subsidiary which consists of account bookings and reconciliations, and assist the Finance Manager to develop and manage compliance and controls within local and corporate requirements.
What you`ll do
- Be responsible for all Accounts Payable (AP) in Japan
- Perform accounting activities and booking of AP invoices and ensure accuracy and compliance
- Perform GL booking and ensure accuracy and compliance
- Maintain all journal entries including support documents
- Support to prepare and maintain required Finance documents
- Perform monthly account reconciliations as assigned
- Support to prepare monthly and annual VAT and statutory reports
- Support to prepare all accounting documents for Statutory Audits and Tax declarations
- Assist with any other Audit as required
- Assist with establishing internal controls and monitoring compliance
- Investigate anomalies identified to determine root causes and offer solutions to improve process
- Complete special projects and other responsibilities as assigned
What you`ll need
- 3+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Bachelor`s degree, preferably in accounting or finance domains
- Knowledge of Japan`s statutory accounting rules and procedures, as well as local tax rules
- Native-level Japanese and business-level English ability
- Nissho Bookkeeping Grade 2 qualification (日商簿記2級)
- Ability to prioritize and organize your workload independently
- Strong ability to collect information from many varied sources and ensure its accuracy
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills – Attention to details
- Strong initiative and willingness to take on projects in a proactive manner
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to manage constantly shifting priorities and requirements
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:82684
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.