About Gartner Digital Markets:
Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology choices and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three top brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
What we´re looking for:
Gartner Digital Markets is looking for a passionate Senior Backend Software Engineer to work with our highly skilled technology team located in Barcelona, Spain.
You will create and deliver outstanding experiences for users and implement improvements to our architecture and codebase. This Senior Backend Software Engineer will work alongside outstanding peers and utilize modern technologies with cutting edge techniques. You will have the opportunity to mentor our junior engineers and participate in regular paired programming exercises.
Why you’ll want to come to work:
- Design and development of new software, system architecture, extensive software revisions, scalability, and application performance.
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility; Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards.
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
- Develop a consensus on coding standards and practices across software platforms and help document and enforce those coding standards while communicating them out to other teams.
- Deliver consistent business value and enable the business to conduct iterative experiments quickly and efficiently that lead to iterative application improvements.
- Work with other teams to share knowledge, plan for system-wide improvements, and evaluate opportunities for innovation.
- Provide ongoing mentorship to all team members and one-on-one pairing to facilitate ongoing learning and effectiveness.
- Lend technical expertise to the technical leadership team by challenging assumptions, offering expert advice, and consistently learning and staying up-to-date on technology advancements.
- Write code and tests, build prototypes, resolve issues, and profile and analyze bottlenecks.
- Design robust APIs to support web applications.
- Manage and optimize scalable distributed systems in the cloud.
- Optimize web applications for performance and scalability.
- Develop automated tests to ensure business needs are met and allow for regression testing.
What you´ll bring to the team:
- 5+ years of development experience.
- Experience working with GraphQL
- Excellent foundation in computer science, algorithms, and data models.
- Experience in writing highly secure web applications.
- Experience with core AWS web-enabling technologies.
- Growth mindset that challenges the status quo and focuses on outside-the-box ideas and solutions.
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture.
- A passion for engineering, learning, and teamwork is a must!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering is a plus.
- Verbal English skills (we work in English!)
Nice to have/opportunity to learn (depending on the team):
- Experience with streaming technologies (Kafka).
- Experience working on Event Driven Architectures.
Don’t meet every single requirement? We encourage you to apply anyway. You might just be the right candidate for this, or other roles.
Check out our video to learn about who we are, and what we do:
What you’ll find:
- Limitless growth and learning opportunities.
- A collaborative and positive culture - join a diverse team of professionals that are as smart and driven as you.
- A chance to make an impact - your work will contribute directly to our strategy.
- Frequent social activities such as movie night, laser tag, bowling, escape room, summer beach party, hiking & bbq, and more!
- Hybrid environment with flexibility, remote work, Friday afternoons free, and more.
- New offices close to Glòries and the beach in the fantastic, “innovation and tech” 22@ district of sunny Barcelona.
- Fresh fruit, snacks, selection of teas, fair trade organic coffee and a fridge full of beer for our Thursday Beer O’Clock.
What you’ll receive:
- Competitive compensation packages.
- 23 days annual holiday and an additional day off for your birthday.
- Private Medical and Dental Care.
- Life and Disability Insurance.
- Public Transport Subsidy.
- Ticket Restaurant Card.
- Childcare Vouchers (Ticket Guarderia).
- IncentiFit - annual reimbursement for health-and-wellness-related activities.
- Pension Scheme.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Gartner Gives Charity Match.
- Relocation Assistance - a specialist to help you with all the appointments and paperwork.
What are we:
- Action Oriented - Deliver fast, get great results. We embrace the vision, roadmap to success and the action it takes to make it happen.
- Intellectually Curious - Seek to learn, love to teach. We’re humble and embrace respectful, radical candor with a mindset of ongoing professional and personal development.
- Collaborative - One team, shared mission. We welcome feedback and understand the value of working together to accomplish more than what is possible individually.
- Applications must be submitted in English.
- A valid EU visa/passport is required for this position.
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:82665
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.