Who we are
Gartner’s Consulting business is an extension of Gartner’s industry-leading IT Research. From CIOs, to leaders in business and government, we help Gartner clients across enterprises translate insights into transformational actions and achieve their mission-critical priorities. Leveraging the breadth of Gartner’s resources, Consulting is growing rapidly, with unlimited potential to continue expanding our client base.
Industry Service Lines (ISLs) represent strategic domain expertise within Gartner Consulting that serves target industry segments. Leveraging the breadth of Gartner’s resources, Consulting is growing rapidly, with unlimited potential to continue expanding our client base.
What ISLs do
Our ISL Leaders are responsible for growing ISL businesses and teams, leveraging deep subject matter expertise to promote Gartner Consulting’s engagement within strategic industry segments. ISLs provide a comprehensive understanding of an industry segment’s mission critical priorities, operational drivers, trends, catalysts, disruptors, and provide market insight within their specific domain to help strategically advance client outcomes. ISLs represent Gartner Consulting’s thought leadership for a select industry segment, maintaining leading edge critical thinking, contextualized engagement tools and IP.
ISLs support and collaborate with our geographic Consulting teams and One Gartner partners to meet client objectives. Geographic Consulting teams manage client accounts, deepening and extending client relationships through strategic advisory support and delivering Consulting engagements. Where geographic accounts contain ISL-specific organizations or needs, ISLs provide industry-specific insight in support of account planning, business development and engagement delivery activities. While Gartner clients are our singular focus, ISLs consider geographic account teams as a key customer – providing industry expertise to help them orient to engage and excel with industry-specific clients to enable account growth objectives.
What we do
Our national Health and human services practice assists State and Local governments in defining transformational agendas aligned with the trends in public sector HHS and implementing cutting edge Health Information Technology strategies that strengthen our clients moving toward a more person/family-centered model of practice. Our clients are focusing on improving access, outcomes, costs, accountability, and quality of their HHS programs and services.
From statewide public assistance/benefits including eligibility systems, behavioral health, child welfare, public health, and welfare to work decision support and shared analytics to local initiatives, we are the trusted advisors of HHS business and IT leaders in government.
We engage our clients – some of the largest State and local governments across the nation – on a deeper level through experience-based, hands-on project work grounded in our Research and Advisory organization. Through these strategic engagements, we help our clients achieve their HHS business priorities enabled through wise information and technology investments and improved performance.
We deliver value to our public sector HHS clients across the full continuum of HHS programs by helping them execute on their strategic priorities, across all sectors, including:
- Digital Acceleration/Transformation and Enterprise Enablement
- Enterprise Systems Modernization Assessment, Planning and Roadmap, including –
- Enterprise Integration Platform
- Application Rationalization
- Cloud Strategy
- Business Capability Modeling and Requirements Development
- Enterprise Architecture Planning and Roadmap
- Readiness Assessments and Federal Planning Documents
- Strategic Planning
- Maintenance and Operations
- Forensic Assessments of Troubled or Failed Projects
- Data and Analytics Strategy, Assessment, and Roadmap
- Capabilities Maturity Assessment
- Sourcing Strategy and Procurement Support
- Security and Risk Management
What you’ll do
The HHS ISL Managing Partner is responsible for sustaining and growing Gartner Consulting’s client relationships with Health and human services clients. As a ISL Lead/Managing Partner, you will build and maintain a portfolio of health and human services engagements and lead consulting teams that advise clients at the highest strategic level on both big-picture and tactical matters – showcasing HHS subject matter expertise and how technology enables a wide range of HHS outcomes. Our ISL Leaders/Managing Partners collaborate with Geographic MPs and teams, Practices, Expert Partners and others to bring the best solutions to our clients.
Why join Gartner HHS ISL
- We are supporting the largest public health agency in the nation with their public health data integration strategies and portfolio assessment of their legacy application modernization investments
- We are supporting critical technology modernization initiatives across the nation, including replacements of federally funded systems – from child welfare to SNAP and TANF and Eligibility systems
What you’ll need
- Direct experience and understanding of Health and Human Services programs and national IT trends
- Experience within a well-regarded management consultancy in delivery of strategic projects, and solid business development
- Prior experience in a problem-solving capacity, full project lifecycle including visioning and strategy, assessments, business process analysis, requirements development, planning artifacts for federally funded systems preferred, procurement support
- Experience working with public sector Health and Human Services agencies/departments, such as –
- Public Health
- Public Assistance/Benefits Programs
- Child Welfare Services
- Health Information Exchanges
- Child Support Enforcement
- Behavioral Health and Substance Abuse
- Developmental Disabilities
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- A consistent track record of leading people and being part of high-performing teams that leverage technology to drive the mission-critical priorities of commercial or government entities
- An unwavering commitment to the success of your team, and willingness to provide constructive/corrective action when/if needed
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and the creative development of market strategies and points of view to solve client problems. Must adapt Gartner frameworks and methodologies to strike at the heart of a client’s most pressing business challenges
- An ability to be hands-on, with strong writing and client-facing skills, and to manage multiple client priorities simultaneously
- MBA, MPA, or other advanced degree preferred
Who you are
- Experienced public sector HHS professional comfortable building accounts, managing project teams, influencing and building trust-based, value-added relationships with senior HHS executives
- Coachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- A consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility, and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
- Proven track record in delivering success projects
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is 131,200 USD - 281,000 USD. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:82379
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.