About Gartner IT:
Join a world-class team of skilled engineers who build creative digital solutions to support our colleagues and clients. We make a broad organizational impact by delivering cutting-edge technology solutions that power Gartner. Gartner IT values its culture of nonstop innovation, an outcome-driven approach to success, and the notion that great ideas can come from anyone on the team.
About the role:
Gartner information security teams are a group of passionate information security professionals dedicated to Protecting, Detecting, and Responding to threats. Our team is filled with lifelong learners who are consistently researching ways to better defend and stay ahead of the threats of tomorrow. We are a collaborative group, where good ideas come together whether they come from the most experienced or the newest members of the team.
We are looking for a well-rounded and motivated Senior Security Analyst to join its Governance & Risk Management team which is responsible for risk management for all Gartner assets, products, and applications. Additionally, the team works closely with key resources throughout Gartner IT to build secure solutions/platforms, and partner with teams on strategic remediation initiatives to continuously improve Gartner’s security posture.
What you will do:
- Conduct threat modeling of services and applications that tie to the risk and data associated with the service or application.
- Work with key stakeholders to identify, respond to, and remediate information security issues.
- Continuously improve our ability to identify, assess, prioritize and mitigate information security risks throughout the organization and come up with recommendations on how to integrate controls as part of standard operating procedures.
- Coordinate the orchestration, automation, and management of security technologies and platforms.
- Create reasonable and actionable reports showing direct impact to the security posture.
- Perform proactive technical research to detect emerging risks and threat trends.
- Define and implement meaningful metrics to measure the effectiveness of security controls through KRIs and security scorecards.
- Conduct business continuity and impact analysis, development of mitigations and controls, and the creation and testing of business unit continuity plans for IT applications.
- Conduct security assessments of internal systems, applications and IT infrastructure as part of the overall risk management practice of the organization.
- Code and test programming for integration software, APIs, Scripts, Reports etc.
- Evaluate business and technical requirements to identify and implement tools, processes, and technologies to improve our security posture in our environments.
- Ensure the continuous improvement of existing compliance processes.
What you will need:
Ideal candidates will have 3-5 years of experience in a Security Analyst role with proven experience in Application and Cloud Security. Candidates should have strong independent critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and the ability to consistently evaluate and pivot based on the current organizational priorities. The ideal candidate will maintain one or more of the following certifications. CISSP, CISA, CRISC, CCSP, AWS or Azure Security, CEH etc.
- Detailed understanding of common web application architecture, deployment models and components
- Demonstrable experience scripting with languages like Python, PowerShell, bash, etc. to create and automate security controls
- Familiarity with technical security controls, guidelines, and frameworks outlined by standards such as SOC2, ISO 27001/27013, NIST 800-53
- Cloud experience (AWS, Azure, GCP)
Who you are:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information systems, cybersecurity or a related field is preferred.
- Commensurate experience in Information Security will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Proven communication, collaboration, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to build trusting, meaningful relationships with peers, stakeholders, partners and suppliers.
- Ability to define and communicate risk in a business-relevant language to both non-technical and technical audiences.
- Ability to apply expert knowledge to solve complex business/technical issues.
- Desire for life-long learning and continuous personal/professional development.
Don’t meet every single requirement? We encourage you to apply anyway. You might just be the right candidate for this, or other roles.
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:82375
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.