We are searching for an HR Director to expand our Employee Relations Center of Excellence (COE) coverage to EMEA and APAC, with special focus on the United Kingdom. Working in close partnership with HR Business Partners and our in-house employment law team, the Director will play a central role in evolving our management of employee relations matters.
- Serve as primary support for grievances, disciplinaries, appeals, and related matters in the United Kingdom; provide equivalent support for other countries as needed.
- Conduct investigations in EMEA/APAC on a variety of employee relations matters, including complex and/or highly sensitive issues; facilitate resolution discussions with employment law, HR partners and business leaders.
- Develop and manage a programmatic approach to the assignment and management of grievances, disciplinaries, appeals and investigations that is effective for all parties.
- Help evolve and teach best practices in investigation skills, including investigation design, documentation, rapport building, and outcome management; train, coach and consult with HR partners (both 1v1 and in group sessions) on best practices in mitigating and resolving employee concerns.
- Develop tools and templates for global use, coordinating with regional HR and legal counsel to add country-specific overlay where needed.
- Partner closely with legal counsel, HR Business Partner leads, and other stakeholders to identify trends and risks in employee relations matters and help design and implement scalable and effective mitigation measures.
- Support special projects and other initiatives as assigned.
- Passion for employee relations, growth mindset, and drive for continuous improvement
- Excellent investigation skills, including investigation design, interview skills, documentation management, decision visuals, etc. Strong appreciation for the employee experience and ability to navigate difficult conversations effectively.
- Excellent influencing and relationship-building skills, and ability to operate effectively with a broad and diverse group of internal stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Analytical mindset: ability to solve problems using both quantitative and qualitative inputs; ability to make fair, reasoned, fact-base judgements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to create effective tools and templates in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- Impeccable judgment and ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive matters appropriately.
- Strong time management skills and ability to be productive while managing multiple matters and workstreams. Ability to flex working hours on occasion to align with other time zones.
- Deep knowledge of UK employment employee relations processes, laws and best practices, and interest in learning other country requirements across EMEA/APAC.
- Understanding of diversity, equity and inclusion issues and commitment to supporting an inclusive culture.
- Related work experience as an HR/Employee Relations partner role to include direct ownership of investigations; prior experience in a centralized employee relations team strongly preferred.
- Experience managing grievances, disciplinaries, appeals and related matters in the UK; experience supporting employee relations matters in other countries strongly preferred.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent strongly preferred.
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:82227
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.