About the role:
Are you intellectually curious and motivated by ideas? Do you want to create research products that are widely used by executive leaders worldwide? Gartner is searching for a Gurgaon-based Principal Research to join our global research team. This opportunity will give you exposure to a range of strategic and management topics facing Enterprise Applications leaders in large, global organizations.
This research Principal will contribute to the delivery of a new portfolio of high- impact research for Enterprise Applications leaders, generating original insight using qualitative and quantitative research methods and working on a wide range of written deliverables. This work will help establish Gartner’s point of view in new research terrains and will help some of the world’s largest and most complex organizations transform the way they operate.
What you will do:
- Partner with experts within and outside of Gartner and across the globe to develop original research insights in entirely new terrains.
- Lead the production of different-in-kind deliverables that will be used by Enterprise Applications leaders at large, global organizations, including tools, templates, infographics, and research briefs. Research deliverables will include long and short-form prose content- excellent writing skills are a must.
- Analyze and interpret business problems using root cause analysis, hypothesis generation, survey design, benchmarking, and other qualitative and quantitative methods to develop new research findings.
- Conduct research by interviewing senior executives, academics, and industry experts, and by performing wide-ranging literature searches.
What you will need:
Successful candidates demonstrate an ability to dive deep into a business or economic problem, resurface with rigorous original insight, and communicate that insight verbally or through prose in a clear way. Specifically, a successful Peer and Practitioner Research Principal has the following traits:
- Approximately 5-7 years of research and/or management consulting experience.
- Intellectually curious with the desire to quickly develop “generalist” knowledge.
- Strong written communication skills, with particular attention to precision of language and ability to structure narratives and arguments logically.
- Strong oral communication skills, with a willingness and ability to interview clients and present to internal and external stakeholders.
- Possessing an ability to communicate complex ideas concisely, while also excelling at presenting deeper analysis in longer prose forms.
- Possessing an ability to identify data needs (qualitative or quantitative), gather that data, and analyze it effectively.
- Natural at collaborating with various stakeholders across the company; excited to champion new research methods while remaining open to feedback and willing to learn from Gartner experts.
- Optional but preferred: Master's (MBA, Sociology, History, Philosophy, Literature, etc.) or PhD degree in fields such as management, philosophy, law, history, sociology, psychology, etc.
What you will get:
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off policy, charity match program, Group Medical Insurance, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity.
- Professional development and unlimited growth opportunities.
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:82050
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.