Director Analyst , Supply Chain Planning Technology
Gartner is seeking a Supply Chain Planning Technology Analyst to drive new thought-leading research around the tools, solutions and technologies that can solve our client’s business challenges. This research will be targeted to Supply Chain Technology Leaders, Supply Chain Planning Leaders, Chief Supply Chain Officers, Heads of Strategy and practice/product leaders within large services and software providers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Advising our business and technology clients on the best options to select, implement and execute on tools, solutions, and technologies, to solve their mission critical priorities.
- Researching, writing, and advising on the changing vendor marketplace for Supply Chain Planning solutions, new technology developments and defining emerging supply chain planning ecosystems, architecture, and business models.
- Advising our business and technology clients on selection of Consultants and Service Integrators.
- Contributing to Gartner-wide research and ideation on the evolution of current and emerging Supply Chain Planning solutions and related technologies, including creation of Magic Quadrants.
- Delivering presentations, both virtually and in person, to large audiences
- Supporting Sales in the sales cycle
- A focus on retail planning would be a plus.
The candidate must have significant experience in developing, managing, or using supply chain planning technologies and a robust understanding of key planning processes such as S&OP, IBP, etc. This could be through working in a large end-user organization, within a consultancy or from within a Vendor focused on this space. Typically, Enterprise Architects, Solutions/Technical Architects, Product Managers, Planning Leaders, Consultants (with a lot of planning technology experience), Business Analysts or other senior managers within these groups would possess the skills we are looking for.
This should include skills and experience as follows:
- A genuine excitement about the possibilities of technology to solve business challenges, matched with a healthy dose of skepticism.
- Excellent writing and data visualization skills.
- Skill in complex problem solving. You absolutely must have an agile mind and be able to think quickly on your feet.
- Proven ability to engage and advise senior business and technology executives.
- Ability to work effectively leading or contributing to cross-team projects.
- “Out of the box” big picture thinker who is adept at connecting the dots between different technologies, trends and business models.
- Ability to “deep dive” into emerging technologies and trends and then communicate implications and recommendations at an executive and strategic level.
- Confident on stage presenting
- Self-motivated and driven (we will check for this)
What you’ll need:
- 8-10 years experience working in the supply chain or related fields in increasingly senior roles.
- Experience of Supply Chain Planning and the use of technology to support Supply Chain Planning.
- Communication skills as evidenced by prior work experience presenting to or advising senior executives, investors, boards, or industry peers.
- Strong work ethic, working both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong project and time management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- An appropriate bachelor’s degree, we would prefer the addition of a master’s level qualification as well. Full membership of a professional body would also be a plus.
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is 130,000 USD - 165,000 USD. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:81868
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.