About the role:
Gartner Analysts are industry thought leaders who create must-have research, market predictions and best practices for a broad range of world-leading organizations. A Senior Director serves as a leader within Gartner’s Research and Advisory sector, establishing oneself as a credible voice within their designated market at local, regional and global levels. Utilizing exceptional research and analytical skills, a Senior Director plays a significant role in producing pragmatic and provocative research which Gartner clients consume and apply to propel their business toward key objectives. They are a trusted source of advice for clients, reinforcing Gartner’s value every day by engaging them via in-person meetings, virtual meetings, sales support visits and Gartner conferences to discuss complex client challenges and offer appropriate recommendations.
What you will do:
- Present best practices and emerging trends to Security technical professionals in 1:1 virtual meetings, teleconferences, and conferences
- Conduct research and analysis in specific areas of expertise targeting client’s key initiatives.
- Write high quality, clear, actionable, advisory research documents.
- Remain ahead of the curve on developments and issues within these specified areas as well as applicable adjacent areas.
- Maintain the Gartner’s industry leadership reputation by responding to press inquiries.
- Proactively work with the wider sales organization and deliver outstanding sales support to retain and grow the business.
- Create innovative, thought provoking, and highly leveraged “must-have research” content.
- Develop new research and ideas through thought leadership and offer compelling, actionable approaches to client's needs and requests that accelerate the client's ability to act.
- Develop in-depth analysis to identify the root cause of a client’s barriers or overall needs and reframe thinking to drive strategy forward.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in establishing research positions across a team of analysts.
- Research, analyze and predict market trends and shifts to provide clients and vendors with actionable insights.
- Provide clients and prospects with actionable advice aligned to their designated content area via virtual or face-to-face interactions.
- Create and deliver high value presentation materials on and off stage for Gartner events, industry and professional association conferences, and client briefings.
- Support Research and Sales: Provide sales support serving as voice of the market to help research teams create content and to drive engagement with clients to make progress against their critical priorities to grow their business.
- Provide high quality and timely research content peer review.
- Build credibility as an industry expert to represent Gartner research, methodology and strategy.
- Actively participate in innovation, ideation, and research discussions and collaborate effectively with peers in the research community.
- Identify research process improvements or develop new processes that help the team and Research & Advisory provide excellent service delivery.
- Be a mentor and a coach by supporting more junior team members.
- Be client-centric while actively seeking to help clients engage regularly and often with Gartner research and interactions.
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree and 12 years of experience in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Technical subject matter expertise in Security Operations and Network Security specifically with a focus on the following:
- Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Security Information and Event Management
- Gen AI in Security Operations
- Network Security and Zero Trust (e.g., Zero Trust Architecture, Zero Trust Network Access)
- Security Service Edge (SSE)
- Network Detection and Response
- Micro segmentation
- Network Access Control (NAC)
- Strong organizational skills: ability to work under tight deadlines and produce high quality deliverables.
- Demonstrated research and writing ability.
- Strong written, verbal, analytical, and presentation skills; with the ability to communicate complex concepts concisely and simply to clients and internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data.
- Ability to work independently as well as a collaborative member of the team supporting the workflow of others, in a global team environment.
- Ability to represent Gartner's research methodology and strategies effectively at all levels.
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is 150,000 USD - 190,000 USD. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:81853
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.