What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Research, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on the promise of digital, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in technology, Gartner is looking for you.
About this role:
- Exhibit Gartner Values – Integrity, Objectivity, No-Limits Mindset, Collaboration and Results
- High comprehension of analyst research and ability to digest research requests received quickly, scope the research, estimate the effort involved and map out a plan to conduct the desk research
- Demonstrate complete ownership of the tasks/projects assigned
- Ability to interpret information & apply this in resolving research problem.
- Present the findings logically as well as formulate hypotheses
- Apply relevant domain knowledge and provide original analysis
What you’ll do:
- You will be a part Gartner’s Secondary Research team and deliver complex secondary research projects to Analysts across Research Groups
- Conduct research using both systematic and intuitive secondary research techniques
- Analyze the research findings and draw inferences and conclusions in response to the research query; report the findings in the form of a structured report or a pre-defined framework
- Deliver projects on time and maintain high quality standards of the deliverables
- Co-ordinate and collaborate with other senior researchers/researchers to achieve business objectives
- Develop strong partnerships and build regular touch-points with research practices to drive content specific market research leverage
- Educate all stakeholders on capabilities of the team, promote secondary research data to the broad research organization and improve return on investment
- Actively participate in formal and in-formal knowledge sharing sessions, including Research Communities
- Provide constructive feedback to peers as well as be receptive to feedback from peers
- Assist manager in operations for specific research practices
What you’ll need:
- Great learning attitude and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns while drawing and defending conclusions.
- Acquaintance with premium online data sources such as Capital IQ, Factiva, PrivCo and Avention
- Experience with creating, assimilating, and conveying technical material in a concise and effective manner
- Ability to effectively process high volume and variety of incoming requests by multi-tasking.
- Experience handling multiple priority activities/projects at once within allotted SLAs.
- Previous experience in working on Marketing and communication research domain.
- Ability to be organized, pay strong attention to detail, and work autonomously (i.e., high degree of self-reliance/self-starter).
- Adaptability to fast paced environment and changing business requirements while effectively prioritizing based on value of business to Gartner.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills, incorporating requirements, action plan and timeline when communicating with internal subject matter experts.
Who you are:
- Bachelors/Post Graduation in any specialization from leading Tier I & II B-schools
- Management graduates preferably with 3-5 years of experience in Industry experience.
- Excellent communication Skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong MS Office skills, particularly PPT, Excel and Word
- Acquainted with databases like Factiva, Capital IQ, One Source, Thomson etc.
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:81790
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.