About the role:
Are you a Sales Leader looking for a career defining opportunity with outstanding earning potential, an undeniable competitive advantage, great upward mobility, all while working for one of the world’s most respected companies? Then a role with Gartner’s Evanta Sales team is what you have been looking for.
Evanta is a Gartner Company, the world’s leading research and advisory firm. A division of Gartner Conferences, Evanta creates exclusive communities of C-level executives from the world’s leading organizations. These networks are built by and for C-level executives to share ideas, validate strategies and solve critical leadership challenges through peer-to-peer insight and collaboration. The Director, Sales is responsible for the implementation of Evanta’s growth & retention strategy for a defined portfolio / region. This position requires an outstanding ability to recruit, motivate, coach, and retain associates who flawlessly execute our global growth strategy.
The Director, Sales will:
- Build and maintain a high-performance sales team
- Develop and implement a strategy to achieve business development goals while ensuring continuous improvement in client retention rates
- Build and maintain team’s weighted pipeline (3 x of goal) to meet and exceed monthly goals/gateways
- Hire, coach, and manage a team of Business Development Managers/Executives (BDM/E’s)
- Guide team members in developing their annual territory sales strategy and account plans
- Train and Coach BDM/E’s in building, developing, and maintaining relationships with key accounts and continuously improve their skill set
- Continually drives the sales team’s understanding of the core value proposition
- Drive high quality visible pipeline activity and growth by creating a high activity sales environment
- Assist in complex contract and pricing negotiations with clients and prospects
- Conduct regular review and planning sessions with each BDM/E
- Travel with BDM/E to develop trust-based client relationships
- Attend Evanta Summits and events within portfolio, as well as other Gartner Conferences and competitive events
- Create individual development plans for all team members and execute against them
- Apply a continuous performance management approach with all associates
- Develop lead-generation initiatives to continuously enhance our prospect database
- Collaborate with Internal Sales Directors/VP’s to maximize cross selling opportunities
- Develop, deepen, and leverage relationships with other teams across Evanta and Business Units across Gartner
- Ensure consistency of Evanta and Gartner sales methodologies across all opportunities
- Work directly with senior sales leadership to define the optimal performance measurement and performance management programs required to ensure sales organization success
- Manage weekly/monthly sales reports, roll-up forecasts
- Participate in leadership and planning meetings to present retention/growth strategy and business performance.
What you need:
- Minimum 7 - 10 years proven sales and/or management experience
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution or the equivalent in work experience with demonstrated ability to be a quick learner and have an appetite for lifelong learning
- History of operating with high integrity and lead by example
- Proven ability to lead a seasoned sales team through coaching and mentorship to high achievement
- Ability to foster close, cooperative relationships with peer leaders and other senior executives
- Proven track record of continuous overachievement; if internal, Winners Circle or Eagle achiever
- Ability to develop and execute a plan to achieve set corporate sales goals and implement strategies
- Proven ability to structure innovative, customized solutions
- Comprehensive understanding of B2B buying centers
- Excellent communication skills and business acumen
- Outstanding ability to collaborate and work with virtual teams
- Able to deliver and execute presentations to audience
- Able to create meaningful proposals
- Measure, calculate, and share sales and financial results
- Ability to travel with team as needed
- Prior experience with sales technology systems / CRMs
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is 96,750 USD - 175,500 USD. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:81742
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.