As a part of the Conferences Strategy & Development team, the Strategic Project Management (SPM) Center of Excellence (COE) focuses on high impact projects, ensuring a centralized approach to fully leverage our capabilities across the conferences business. This highly collaborative team helps drive forward projects to support the growth and scalability of the Global Conferences Portfolio with a primary focus on managing Key Initiative Meetings, Conference Launch Planning & Management, Strategic Roadmap Execution and Competitive Market Analysis.
About the role:
As a Manager of Strategic Project Management, the primary focus of your role will be managing conference launch planning phases, leading strategic projects and initiatives and managing Key Initiative Meetings (KIMs) to support the priorities of the global leadership team. Learning and understanding the Conferences organization is a key pillar to success in this role. This role will partner with cross-functional teams on projects and initiatives that support high impact priorities across Conferences to help optimize and scale the Global Conferences Portfolio as we seek to double the Conferences business over the next five years.
The responsibilities of this role and team will continue to evolve with the business, ensuring we remain focused on the highest impact projects. This individual will collaborate with key stakeholders across Conferences including Product, Marketing, Operations, Sales, and Business Operations to drive forward strategic initiatives.
What you will do:
- Support the Conferences Launch Planning & Management process through launch criteria assessments and effective project management to support the overall growth of the conference portfolio
- Lead end-to-end projects to support the execution of the Global Conferences strategic roadmap through effective stakeholder management, project planning and implementation. Projects span across all conference functional areas and require a resourceful individual with a passion for continuous learning.
- Identify and leverage data-driven metrics to measure the success of projects and initiatives, creating a compelling storyline and presentation for senior leaders across the organization
- Manage Key Initiative Meetings (KIMs) through defining meeting objectives, sourcing agenda topics, content creation, meeting preparation, meeting notes & action items and timeline management
- Build trusted partnerships with team members and leaders across the organization, leveraging in office time to connect with stakeholders, learn from your peers and keep a pulse on priorities across the teams
- Partner with key stakeholders and leaders across the business to drive forward strategic changes, identify compelling solutions and ensure alignment of conference portfolio priorities
- Continuously seek opportunities to expand knowledge across the competitive market, emerging trends and all functions of the Conferences business and portfolio initiatives
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
What we’re looking for:
- Experience: 5+ years’ experience in Project Management, Conferences, Program/Product Management, or Consulting; conference or event knowledge preferred
- Exceptional problem-solving capability: You have a proven track record of solving complex problems, thinking creatively and using data to tell a story
- Drive / Self-sufficiency: You have a demonstrated ability to own a problem and drive from problem statement to solution in a self-sufficient capacity in a matrixed environment
- Passion: You are intellectually curious and have the hunger to identify opportunities proactively and independently where you can drive the most impact for the business
- Communication skills: You are an excellent and structured verbal and written communicator with effective presentation and platform skills
- Collaboration: Must demonstrate a high level of collaboration with proven ability to build partnerships across lines of business
- Executive presence: You have the ability to effectively engage, lead and influence senior leaders (directors, VPs, and above) across the organization
- Strong core values: You demonstrate integrity, collaboration, a no-limits mindset, objectivity and consistent results using global best practices
- Adaptability: You operate with a sense of “urgency” with ability to adapt, implement and manage change in an ever-changing environment
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Microsoft Office / Google: Fully competent; excel and/or google sheets experience required with an ability to build and execute functions using pivot tables, graphs/charting, conditional formatting and core functions (ex. Vlookup, INDEX, IFs). Experience with Macros/VBAs preferred.
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is 68,400 USD - 107,000 USD. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:81686
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.