About this role:
Gartner analysts ensure that our executive clients receive the best strategic business advice, support, and direction for their decision-making. To optimize client impact, analysts are responsible for developing must-have content, performing stellar client Interactions, and driving performance to help scale and innovate our research. In addition, analysts are responsible for innovative research, timely delivery cadence and collaboration within and across teams.
As part of Gartner's Sales and Customer Service practice, you'll help B2B sales leaders responsible for the annual sales compensation planning process align sales goals and compensation with their company's overall strategic and financial goals. You’ll advise clients on plan administration best practices, including quota allocation, plan distribution, monthly accrual support and payout calculations.
What you'll do:
- Create insightful and actionable research in multiple formats (i.e., writing, video, infographics, podcasts) on sales compensation plan design, administration and communication for enterprise B2B sales organizations.
- Deliver actionable advice and represent thought leadership rooted in quantitative and qualitative data sources to sales leaders through video-based presentations and discussions with clients.
- Remain ahead of the curve on developments and issues within enterprise B2B sales compensation topics as well as applicable adjacent areas.
- Lead webinars and present at Gartner live and virtual events on sales compensation topics.
What you’ll need:
- 7+ years of experience in sales compensation analysis in an enterprise B2B sales organization or a consulting role to sales organizations, working with sales leadership to set achievable sales targets and quotas and establish benchmarks to evaluate sales performance.
- 3+ years of experience in incentive plan design and administration, including developing commission structures, bonus plans and other incentives to motivate and reward sales teams.
- Proficiency with quota allocation, plan structures, processes, methodologies and distribution, monthly accrual support, accelerators and payout calculations.
- A clear, demonstrable understanding of how incentive plans and their effectiveness align to the broader business strategy and organizational financial goals, as well as the common KPIs used to measure, report and optimize compensation program performance.
- Familiarity with and/or experience using sales compensation planning tools/sales performance management solutions that support core incentive compensation management processes and optimize sales productivity through effective territory and quota planning.
This role requires subject matter expertise in at least three of the following areas:
- Experience with providing senior sales leadership detailed analysis on incentive plan effectiveness and tracking variances from established projections and metrics to support resource planning.
- Perspective on how advances in AI, predictive analytics and natural language processing will change enterprise-scale incentive, territory and quota planning.
- Knowledge of how to design and distribute clear, emotionally resonant compensation plan communications that engage sellers, improve plan perceptions and align seller performance with company interests.
- Understanding of how sales must work collaboratively with other organizational functions (e.g., service, IT, human resources, finance) to successfully build and implement incentive plans and other reward and recognition programs within a shared governance framework.
Additional proven skills required include:
- Strong business and financial acumen as well as analytical skills.
- Stellar writing and verbal communication skills, notably the ability to explain complex concepts both concisely and simply and engage clients and respond adeptly to questions.
- Demonstrated capacity to piece together fragments of information — applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns, and drawing and framing conclusions in real time — with clients and during meetings.
- Impeccable time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities independently.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; Graduate degree preferred.
- Ability to conduct occasional travel, regionally and globally.
Who you are:
- To thrive in this role, it helps if you are obsessed with your topic. Gartner analysts are correctly viewed as THE experts. This means you need to live and breathe your subject matter while also adapting your expertise to meet client maturity level.
- Excellent collaborator with researchers, sales and other analysts, with the ability to quickly build rapport and gain client trust.
- Confident presenter with a high level of executive presence and ability to establish credibility with senior-level audiences (prior experience with speaking engagements is a plus).
- Analytical thinker with the ability to process information quickly, challenge conventional norms and views and make actionable recommendations.
- Background in sales operations, sales consulting, technology trade publications or project management with sales technology experience.
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:81570
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.