This position can sit in either Stamford, CT or Irving, TX at one of our Center's of Excellence.
About Gartner IT:
Join a world-class team of skilled engineers who build creative digital solutions to support our colleagues and clients. We make a broad organizational impact by delivering cutting-edge technology solutions that power Gartner. Gartner IT values its culture of nonstop innovation, an outcome-driven approach to success, and the notion that great ideas can come from anyone on the team.
About the Role:
The Gartner Conferences and Marketing Technology organization (CMT) is seeking an experienced Vice President of Program Management & Agile Transformation to join our team. In this role, you will be the Strategic Leader responsible for driving the Agile transformation of our entire CMT organization in order to drive systemic people and process improvements. You will cultivate a close partnership with our Business Product Managers to establish and execute against shared on strategic roadmaps. You will work closely with both business and technology executive leaders to mature Program Management practices, including Communication, Risk & Issue Management, Resource and Financial Management, Work Intake and Change Management. Additionally, you will partner with Technology Leaders to oversee our Conferences Technology Operational readiness team and processes in order to continue driving operational efficiencies that help us scale our global Conferences business. As a leader in the CMT organization, you will also lead our employee engagement efforts to drive our teams towards a common culture and common goal to deliver extraordinary value to our customers.
As the leader of a team of Program and Project Managers, you will report into the Group Vice President of the CMT organization, you will be empowered to establish and execute a Program Management and Agile Transformation Roadmap for the entire CMT organization.
What you’ll do:
- Define and execute a multi-year Agile transformation program for the CMT organization.
- Work with HR partners to define career models that align with our Agile Transformation journey.
- Measure our organizational maturity and processes and lead efforts to continuously improve our organization.
- Oversee our Conferences Technology Operational Readiness processes and practices.
- Drive the requisite process to intake new work and manage change along the lifecycle of our team’s work.
- Interact with technical leaders, software engineers and members of the Business executive leadership team on a frequent basis. Most of the relationships will be internal, but some will be external when working with 3rd party vendors.
What you will need:
Strong IT leader with 10+ years of experience in Program or Product Management and 5+ years of experience leading a team of Program or Product Managers.
- Bachelor in a Business Administration, Computer science or IT related field preferred.
- Strong experience in all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Experience delivering solutions to Production at scale.
- People management / leadership preferred.
- Self-guided leader who can lead a complex multi-year transformation.
- Lead & influence others without direct authority.
- Understands financial management processes.
- Proven track record of driving change against long-lived processes.
- Experience with Agile Methodologies such as SCRUM and SAFE.
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Experience leading.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
What you will get:
- Competitive compensation package
- Ongoing membership and apprenticeship; Leadership courses, development programs, technical courses, certification opportunities and more!
- 25+ PTO days plus holidays and floating holidays in your first year
- Extensive Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Hybrid environment with flexibility, remote work
- Parental (Maternal and Paternity) leave
- Gartner Gives Charity Match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Health and wellness related allowance programs
- 401k with corporate match
- Collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity
- Professional development and unlimited growth opportunities
Don’t meet every single requirement? We encourage you to apply anyway. You might just be the right candidate for this, or other roles.
Who are we?
At Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), we deliver actionable, objective insight that drives smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. A reasonable estimate of the base salary range for this role is 156,000 USD - 217,350 USD. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:81344
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.